Support for Opencockpits Throttle

P.Immhoff

Re: Support for Opencockpits Throttle

Postby P.Immhoff » 11 Jan 2017, 22:18

Potroh wrote:
P.Immhoff wrote:I did not make the Thread so very long with endles dicussions about things not really related to the Main Goal!
Also we make clear, that the output of the Servo numerical (which has nothing to do with the THQ itself) is wrong. ( 228 as max iso of 255 for max)

I'd be curious to know what is the "Main Goal" - as you say?
I think we did NOT make it "clear" that the numerical output would be wrong, as I have also uploaded a screenshots some days ago to show that indeed the values are higher than 228, so it's just at your side that the values seem to be stuck.

Thnum2.jpg

what and how did you make this Setup?
i tried a complete clean Version on my Laptop, nothing installed then Windows, some Software for c# programming and the prosim tstsystem.
here it is not possible to get more then 228.xxx

belgianguy

Postby belgianguy » 11 Jan 2017, 22:56

And what is your Prosim testsystem?
Have you read the answer of Potroh and myself?
Do a takeoff with your flightsim full throttle and monitor the values. Don't just send some values via sioc to the throttle input.
Best Regards,
Gert

P.Immhoff

Postby P.Immhoff » 11 Jan 2017, 23:09

wat Kind of THQ have you connected?
are yours running with sioc?
is it giving a sioc Input via a Potentiometer to prosim?

Potroh

Postby Potroh » 11 Jan 2017, 23:19

P.Immhoff wrote:wat Kind of THQ have you connected?
are yours running with sioc?
is it giving a sioc Input via a Potentiometer to prosim?

1. RSP (2011 model)
2. Yes
3. Yes

P.Immhoff

Postby P.Immhoff » 12 Jan 2017, 09:51

ok, and with this configuration you get an Output in sioc IOCP from the Throttle servo left/right nuerical of 255?
How is your sioc script locking and how are your Lever potentiometers connected?
Can you pls, explain exactly your configuration and how you get the correct Output of 255?
Sim Status and so on...all important configs pls, so i can try to reproduce that.
Ps: are the Throttle Poties input set up via Prosim or via FSUIPC ? ( are the Poti Input configured in the Prosim Levers Tab ? )

thanks

belgianguy

Postby belgianguy » 12 Jan 2017, 12:24

Hi,

In the past, I had a non-motorized RSP TQ and the potentiometers were configured directly in Prosim via the Throttle Levers input and not via FSUIPC.
I then rebuilded my TQ and added some motors via an Opencockpits motorcard, so the same setup as you have.

I experimented with the servo outputs so my levers would be controlled by Prosim. That's why I remember that in the past I had the full output range of 0 to 255.

Meanwhile, my Opencokcpits motorcard has been replaced by Pololu cards, so my script is no longer usefull for you, because the part for the throttle levers has been deleted.
However, the outputs of the pololu cards are still sended to the throttle levers inputs in Prosim. The feedback to my motors now also go via the levers tab in Prosim, so I no longer make use of the numerical outputs, but I can see that they go to 255 if needed.

The script of Potroh might help you, but I'm not sure if it will make any difference.
Best Regards,
Gert

P.Immhoff

Postby P.Immhoff » 12 Jan 2017, 12:54

belgianguy wrote:The feedback to my motors now also go via the levers tab in Prosim, so I no longer make use of the numerical outputs, but I can see that they go to 255 if needed.

How exacly should that work?
What did you mean with the "The feedback to my motors now also go via the levers tab in Prosim"?
In the Levers Tab you have a Input, whih is the Poti, and a Output, which is a Output for a Servo, for each Lever.
The Output for the Servo is sowing nothing if you Change Input value from the Poti in IOCP of SIOC.

Also you are right, if you do no lobger use SIOC and SIOC Cards for the Inputs and Outputs, then it is not a THQ in my configuration and
maybe that could be the reason you get other values.

But anyway, if i use a complete clean Prosim Version, without anything configured, and go in the Main Screen on the Throttle/MCP Tab and move the Slider with the Mouse to it's Maximum, then the "Throttle Servo left nuerical" must be 255. See Pic.

P
Attachments
pic_3.JPG

P.Immhoff

Postby P.Immhoff » 12 Jan 2017, 13:08

iso of the Throttle it works correct for the Speedbrake.

So...why is the Throttle Output giving only 228? Maybe there is a Prosim internal reason, but then i Need to know why?
Attachments
pic_3.JPG

belgianguy

Postby belgianguy » 12 Jan 2017, 13:38

I think I'm gonna give up.
I've got the impression that you only want to read what you want to read and the rest goes up in smoke.

1. Ok, maybe I used the wrong terminology, but I said that with my pololou cards I no loner need to sioc script because the input of my levers go to the lever input in Prosim and the servo output on the levers page goes back to my pololu card as feedback so my throttle levers know if they have to moe forwards or backwards, so the Servo outputs on the levers page do work.

2. I also said that before I rebuilded my throttle, I had the same setup as yours and that I then had an output of 255.

3. I also said in a previous post that you should test it in a complete setup, not just Prosim and sioc, because in that case I also have a maximum of 228, but not when I use my full setup where the values go higher. You still say that you are testing with Prosim and sioc. Why?

Just do the test in your simulator. You'll notice that on sealeavel, you can reach a value of about 230 but at higher altitudes, the reachable value will rise up to 255.
If you set your levers too full throttle, monitot your N1 gauge in the upper eicas display. You'll see an orange marker when you move your throttle lever. At a certain point, the orange marker doesn't go any higher. This is where your servo value also stop rising. You'll notice that on higher altitudes, you will have to set your throttle to a higher position then on sealevel, meaning that your servo output value will be higher too. That's why you have to test it in your full setup and not only with Prosim and sioc.
Best Regards,
Gert

P.Immhoff

Postby P.Immhoff » 12 Jan 2017, 20:51

hmm...maybe it explains that...i can check that at home at the sim.

That means then i can directly compare my Poti inpu and the Servo numerical Output?

Btw. Would be nice if one of the programmers explain this earlyer. that saves a lot of time for all and lot of pages written here.

Return to “Needs & Wishes”