Connecting Opencockpits modules

A how-to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task (Wikipedia)
TZeichner

Re: Connecting Opencockpits modules

Post by TZeichner » 11 Aug 2012, 11:45

Hi Gert,

at first, i say "thank you" to you for the manual of connecting of opencocpits modules.
But i have a problem. I use OC MCP and OC CDU. And only the MCP works great with ProSim without any problems. But the CDU doesn't works. I push any keys on the cdu, but nothing happens. In the sioc monitor, i see thats the keys are on monitor if i push the keys.
Surely, i have edit the master lines in the sioc.ini with the correct idx-numbers and device numbers, which you can see below the attachement.
Can you tell me, what i'm doing wrong? It would be nice, if you can give me a tip to solve this issue! Should i edit the UsbKEys line?

Best regards
Martin
Attachments
plm2.JPG
plm1.JPG
Best regards
Martin

dvincent

Post by dvincent » 11 Aug 2012, 12:14

If you the keys you push are visible on the monitor then your sioc config is ok.
If the CDU is connected to another computer then the one running Prosim737.exe (the server) then you must add the IP-address of CDU-computer to the driver page in prosim config.
Regards,
Dirk

TZeichner

Post by TZeichner » 11 Aug 2012, 12:25

Hi,
the CDU is connected at the same pc like the prosim737.exe.
If I push any keys on the cdu, they are visible on the sioc monitor, not on the cdu screen. I can't go in the FMC menue or in the maint-menue. Are there other possible source of errors?
Best regards
Martin

belgianguy

Post by belgianguy » 11 Aug 2012, 12:55

Hi,

I see you are using the older version of the Opencockpits CDU (IOCards-Keys), not the newest one (USBFMCV1.0).
So you need to follow the instructions on page 16.

Just delete the following master line:
MASTER=13,13,1,49

Now change the USBKeys line:
USBKeys=0,0

to:
USBKeys=13,49

That should do it.

Regards,
Gert
Best Regards,
Gert

belgianguy

Post by belgianguy » 11 Aug 2012, 13:00

Hi,

I just see that you also need to change a line in the script file.
Change this line:
Var 50, name CDUKey, Link IOCARD_KEYS, DEVICE 13

to:
Var 50, name CDUKey, Link USB_KEYS, DEVICE 13

I need to change this in the pdf file is see.

Gert.
Best Regards,
Gert

TZeichner

Post by TZeichner » 11 Aug 2012, 13:13

Hi Gert,

thank you very much for your help. Your propositions are the correct ways to solve my problem. Everything work now!
But i wondered that i have the older version of the FMC, but there is already a VGA Connection?

Best regards
Martin
Best regards
Martin

belgianguy

Post by belgianguy » 11 Aug 2012, 13:18

Hi,

That's strange indeed, because the older versions only have a video in connector.
I asked someone else how the CDU appears in the sioc window and it was USBFMCV1.0 and your CDU still uses the older name IOCards-Keys.
Maybe it's a version between the older with video input and the latest version they sell now with backlights included.

Glad it works for you now.

Regards,
Gert
Best Regards,
Gert

dvincent

Post by dvincent » 11 Aug 2012, 15:49

I assembled my CDU with a VGA TFT digital screen and a OC USBKeys card a year ago (+ OC CDU panel). So I see a USBKey card which is nearly the same card. The only difference is the USB ID in the chip. What I want to say is that it doesn't matter what name you see in the sioc screen, as long you know which card the name belongs to.
Regards,
Dirk

belgianguy

Post by belgianguy » 11 Aug 2012, 17:06

dvincent wrote:I assembled my CDU with a VGA TFT digital screen and a OC USBKeys card a year ago (+ OC CDU panel). So I see a USBKey card which is nearly the same card. The only difference is the USB ID in the chip. What I want to say is that it doesn't matter what name you see in the sioc screen, as long you know which card the name belongs to.
Thanks Dirk.

Regards,
Gert
Best Regards,
Gert

schore

Post by schore » 25 Aug 2012, 13:43

Gentlemen,

To continue with this topic I have another question/problem, related to the OpenCockpit CDU

I have same problem as Martin and with the help of Gert's PDF instruction I try to get my keypad working. Without success.
Then I tried the whole procedure with a clean installation of Sioc and Prosim on my Laptop and to my surprise it start working right away, no problems at all. :P
With this information I made a clean installation on my Desktop however with a negative result, the keypad on the CDU is still not working.
Again configuration is the same as on my laptop and I have two green lights for Server and Hardware connection.
The CDU is only working with the Desktop keyboard.

I assume it is a small issue, but after two day's puzzling I can't see how to solve it.

I hope anyone could help me.

Thanks and kind regards.

Maarten Loois

Return to “ProSimB738 - How-tos”