ND flight plan depiction issues

sunmartial

ND flight plan depiction issues

Post by sunmartial » 12 Jan 2019, 17:57

Hi Guys

Where is Prosim up to, with fixing the flight plan depiction issues? I'm sure I saw a few posts about this several months ago. I am still regularly getting poor of depictions of curved junctions, such as the attached example, which is a teardrop onto final.

Also, when trying to fly the above on LNAV, sometimes the airplane is unable to complete the turn, and loses the active waypoint. I then have to swithc to heading and bring the plane around to intercept the ILS.

I belive this issue has been around for a very long time??

I am now using Direct 2D, but am positive I was getting the same before I started using Direct 2D several weeks ago.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_3491.JPG
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.1, Lastest Prosim v2.xx (using MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, WideFS, 1 flying PC running 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v3 Gold.

egkkman

Re: ND flight plan depiction issues

Post by egkkman » 12 Jan 2019, 18:05

+1

Thanks

Dave
Attachments
weird routing.jpg

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 13 Jan 2019, 11:51

Wow, yours is much groovier than mine, Dave. :D
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.1, Lastest Prosim v2.xx (using MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, WideFS, 1 flying PC running 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v3 Gold.

egkkman

Post by egkkman » 13 Jan 2019, 12:12

:lol:

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 13 Jan 2019, 16:36

Guys, again. Just showing pictures is not enough...

There are several reasons for a not correct depiction of the route. For the first one from Sunny, it looks like a performance issue, where the speed for the turn is too high. Can you try to reduce the speed for that approach? In this case if the speed is too much for that turn, it will have a bigger radius and will not be able to draw it correctly.

For the second one, I really cannot understand what should be the correct route to be drawn, in this case it is useful to know which approach we are looking at, and the LNAV debug info: 127.0.0.1/lnav

Please note that not all drawing issues are bugs. They can happen due to badly constructed procedures, or performance does not allow the procedure to be flown, and many other reasons may cause incorrect depictions of the route. And even the real aircraft can have drawing issues...

Regards
Humberto Miguel

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 13 Jan 2019, 18:38

wpslider wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 16:36
For the first one from Sunny, it looks like a performance issue, where the speed for the turn is too high. Can you try to reduce the speed for that approach? In this case if the speed is too much for that turn, it will have a bigger radius and will not be able to draw it correctly.
Hi Humberto, if you mean current aircraft speed, I was nowhere near the depicted procedure. I was still in climb phase I think, and I was using the Plan mode to zoom into the approach part of the flight plan. If you mean the speed restrictions in the FMC, well, I didn't change anything. I simply selected a STAR, then the Runway, and the appropriate transition to suite my route, then removed any route discontinuities. Are you saying I should enter speed restrictions in the FMC for the approach? If so, Why should I have to do that?
Next time I get this, I will write down the entire flight plan if you like and send it to you. But in short, no manual modifications were made. It was simply a route entered from a flight plan generated by PFPX, then a SID, STAR and transition chosen.

Regards
Sunny
Cyprus

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 13 Jan 2019, 18:41

sunmartial wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 18:38
wpslider wrote:
13 Jan 2019, 16:36
For the first one from Sunny, it looks like a performance issue, where the speed for the turn is too high. Can you try to reduce the speed for that approach? In this case if the speed is too much for that turn, it will have a bigger radius and will not be able to draw it correctly.
Hi Humberto, if you mean current aircraft speed, I was nowhere near the depicted procedure. I was still in climb phase I think, and I was using the Plan mode to zoom into the approach part of the flight plan. If you mean the speed restrictions in the FMC, well, I didn't change anything. I simply selected a STAR, then the Runway, and the appropriate transition to suite my route, then removed any route discontinuities.
Next time I get this, I will write down the entire flight plan if you like and send it to you. But in short, no manual modifications were made. It was simply a route entered from a flight plan generated by PFPX, then a SID, STAR and transition chosen.

Regards
Not your current speed, but the FMC speed for that segment.
The speed for that segment is for sure too fast. If the procedure itself has no speed for that segment, prosim will calculate one based on VNAV profile. The pilot must verify if the route is OK and correct it if not.
Humberto Miguel

OE1CGA

Post by OE1CGA » 13 Jan 2019, 20:10

Hi,

but i have these wrong drawings only in cruise (climb/decent) flight, flying from one waypoint

to another (direct to). The approachprocedure is drawn correctly...
IMG_20190103_184252.jpg
you see the A/C flies direct to "ZW", turning left, the A/C overfies "ZW" instead of "fly by". The inbound course to GBG is 100°
and the A/C has to intercept the "100°" instead of rolling out at 100° (means the A/C was going too far for for a correct rollout).

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 13 Jan 2019, 20:25

OE1CGA wrote:Hi,

but i have these wrong drawings only in cruise (climb/decent) flight, flying from one waypoint

to another (direct to). The approachprocedure is drawn correctly...
IMG_20190103_184252.jpg
you see the A/C flies direct to "ZW", turning left, the A/C overfies "ZW" instead of "fly by". The inbound course to GBG is 100°
and the A/C has to intercept the "100°" instead of rolling out at 100° (means the A/C was going too far for for a correct rollout).
Fly by/ fly Over is Database defined. I need LNAV debug info and FMC entered route to see if there is any problem. Image does not show any drawing issue.

Enviado do meu Neffos X1 Max através do Tapatalk

Humberto Miguel

egkkman

Post by egkkman » 13 Jan 2019, 21:21

Hi,

I understand the need to provide more info., my apologies.

I do not have the info. to hand but will provide it. I was flying a published procedure and was at around 180kts, the procedure is essentially a couple of standard turns at Klagenfurt, nothing more complex.

Regards

Dave

Return to “ProSim737 - Technical support - software related”