Efis panel on a slave computer

Fractal

Efis panel on a slave computer

Post by Fractal » 23 May 2019, 17:42

Dear all,

I’m running a jetmax with a cpflight mcp and captain efis (all connected to my main /master prosim pc). Question: I’d like to run the copilot efis panel (ie on screen not hardware) on one of my slave computers. Is there a way to do that? In the past the mcp/efis prosim could only run on the master pc.

Thanking you in advance for your help

Karim

Aussie1234

Re: Efis panel on a slave computer

Post by Aussie1234 » 23 May 2019, 22:24

Hi Karim,
Personally, I have had my Open Cockpits 2xEFISs and MCP hardware connected to one of my 'slave' PCs on my network, running SIOC and an instance of Prosim MCP (set up to display 2xEFIS and MCP) since the v1.46 days.
I have never had any problems with the Prosim MCP separated from the Prosim System. All green indications on the OIS display. No lag, all synchronised.
Not hard to set up. Just configure your Server address in the MCP config as you do for a Display.
However, I'm fairly sure you can only have one instance of Prosim MCP running at one time.
Aussie
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V2.1x : P3Dv4.5HF: REX EnvF. & Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios; MCP; 2 x EFIS; 1 x CDU: GTX 1070 4 ext views: Total 5 W10 PCs in HP 1GB network.

Fractal

Re: Efis panel on a slave computer

Post by Fractal » 25 May 2019, 14:41

Aussie1234 wrote:
23 May 2019, 22:24
Hi Karim,
Personally, I have had my Open Cockpits 2xEFISs and MCP hardware connected to one of my 'slave' PCs on my network, running SIOC and an instance of Prosim MCP (set up to display 2xEFIS and MCP) since the v1.46 days.
I have never had any problems with the Prosim MCP separated from the Prosim System. All green indications on the OIS display. No lag, all synchronised.
Not hard to set up. Just configure your Server address in the MCP config as you do for a Display.
However, I'm fairly sure you can only have one instance of Prosim MCP running at one time.
Aussie
Dear Aussie,
Thanks a lot for your reply. That would be indeed solve my issue. I will try to use one of my slave PCs for my CPflight MCP/EFIS and running the prosim MCP module.
Have a great weekend!
Best
Karim

Return to “ProSim737 - Technical support - software related”