Prosim Config File Issue [SOLVED]

teddy

Prosim Config File Issue [SOLVED]

Post by teddy » 27 Oct 2018, 07:12

Hi

Using Prosim V2.11b13.

Migrated to win 10 and therefore had to go thru a clean install of all softwares. Have noticed that the Prosim config.xml file has double entries. The old COM ports, directinputs etc which are not relevant to the current system remain.

Is there some method to flush all these entries out or is it ok if it remains in the Prosim config file. it would be better to clean them up to avoid confusion in the future.

Regards

Ted
Last edited by teddy on 28 Oct 2018, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.
i7-6700K@4.5GHz, Win10Pro , GTX1080Ti, LG 43" LED, SST Setup-1 PC-P3D4+Prosim/3 Mini PC's 6 LCD's+FDS CDU, 2 stacks Simstack cards for I/O's+1 Arduino Mega, Simujabs-Yoke/Rudder Pedals, CPflight-MCP/EFIS/radios/xpndr/rudder trim, CFY V3 Gold TQ

sehatmaker

Re: Prosim Config File Issue

Post by sehatmaker » 27 Oct 2018, 19:08

Hi Ted,

The old "Hardware" entries can remain. But, I had conflict issues lately so I went in and deleted any unused hardware entries from the config.xml file. They are at the top of the file. As always make a back-up first. A typical entry to delete would look like this:

Code: Select all

<directinput type="BU0836 Interface" serial="730f9390-8080-11e8-8006-444553540000" inputs="32" outputs="0" gauge="false" lcd="false" numerical="false" analog="2" encoders="0"/>
or

<flightIllusion type="Flight Illusion" serial="0" inputs="0" outputs="0" gauge="true" lcd="false" numerical="false" analog="0" encoders="0"/>
The important thing to remember is that you are deleting everything between AND including the < and the /> . We used to call the forward slash / a whack in webpage programming. You start a section and then you "whack it" to close. Don't know if it is still called that or not and of course dated myself in the meantime. In this particular case, you WANT to INCLUDE the < and > in the delete.

I had also found a typo'd entry down further as a "Mapping" for a gear light. Have no idea how it got there but since there was a properly spelled entry there as well, I wanted to remove the typo'd one (it had "aft oh" instead of "aft ovh"). Example below:

<mapping connection="Gear left aft oh">
   <FDS serial="03EA000001A1" port="12"/>
</mapping>
In this case, you want to remove everything on all 3 lines. This shows a good example of a section labeled "mapping" along with a connection name, type of card assigned and a port number. Then the "mapping" section is whacked by using the forward slash / in front of the same label name (/mapping). That will let you know where the entry ends. Other examples in the file are "config", "hardware", "leds", "pokeysupport" and a few more. Hope that provides a bit of help with layout of the file and what you can do with just a little editing.

I have found that there sometimes is a "Ghosting" of boards under the System --> Main - IO Modules section that are no longer connected. Even after I have deleted these entries from the config.xml file, the boards remain visible in the IO Modules section. I believe it is so you can do configuration work without hardware hooked up but mine were basically duplicates (except for one number) and I needed them gone. While I see the idea, I have found really no real pattern to get rid of the unwanted display in the System --> Main screen. Just throwing it out and am going to do a new post to try and figure this out...

Hope all this helps you and others...
Scott
Pilot for 40+ years --- Software Coder for 40+ years --- Simmer For A Day!
Hummm. Which do I love more... ;)

teddy

Re: Prosim Config File Issue

Post by teddy » 28 Oct 2018, 07:05

Scott

Thanks for the detailed answer. Solved my issue.

Regards

Ted
i7-6700K@4.5GHz, Win10Pro , GTX1080Ti, LG 43" LED, SST Setup-1 PC-P3D4+Prosim/3 Mini PC's 6 LCD's+FDS CDU, 2 stacks Simstack cards for I/O's+1 Arduino Mega, Simujabs-Yoke/Rudder Pedals, CPflight-MCP/EFIS/radios/xpndr/rudder trim, CFY V3 Gold TQ

Return to “ProSim737 - Technical support - software related”