Engravity CDU Color Text support?

johnco3

Post by johnco3 » 09 Jul 2012, 23:33

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes. I installed 1.14 of the ProsimCDU demo suite. Does anyone know if the interface between the ProSimCDU and an Engravity CDU supports support colored text. I noticed that the ProSim CDU main application supports colored page titles but no color information is being sent over the engravity NMEA strings. Do you know if this will be supported?

All the best

John

Baruch

Post by Baruch » 09 Jul 2012, 23:49

Engravity CDU's have monochrome displays.

Brian

Re: Engravity CDU Color Text support?

Post by Brian » 10 Jul 2012, 05:05

Hi John,
I purchased some of the first engravity CDUs long time ago and they still working very well. This year I made a modification for the displays. I replaced them by a 5 inch TFT VGA module powered by
12V. The case of the new TFT fits perfect into the original case and there is no problem to install the TFT module plate inside. All you need is one more Graphic card VGA output and the 12v direct current
power supply for each CDU.
Brian
Attachments
IMG_0082.JPG
5" TFT VGA
IMG_0077.JPG
Both CDU`s modified by a 5" VGA TFT module

johnco3

Post by johnco3 » 10 Jul 2012, 05:42

Thanks Brian, great pics. I'm new to the ProSim environment - I don't actually have an Engravity CDU but it seems like from Baruch, that the display does does not show colored text, however from the looks of things, it appears that your engravity display does? (Is the word AGATI in shown in Magenta?) Did you need to do something special to setup the colored text, or do you have a special firmware on the engravity CDU?

All the best and thanks for showing me your setup, it's really amazing

John

Brian

Post by Brian » 10 Jul 2012, 07:35

John,
yes it is colored. The setup using prosim is very easy. Just make the selection stated with prosim and everything works great. The "Engravity" Soft- firmware have nothing to do with the display to be used.
The CDU keyboard is separated from the original display. When you disconnect (normal connector) the original display the CDU keyboard works as usual using the normal USB setup (prosim CDU sofware).
All you have to do is to displace the original display by a 5" TFT module (without case) colored. Note that a VGA connection support is essential.
Brian

Brian

Post by Brian » 10 Jul 2012, 07:39

John,
by the way you may use the "engravity" original power supply to power the TFT module as well...!
Brian

johnco3

Post by johnco3 » 10 Jul 2012, 08:31

I'm excited to hear that the CDU supports colored text, I was looking at the NMEA strings being sent out from ProSimCDU - but I am not seeing the special parameters I was expecting which would enable the engravity CDU to display colored text natively, If I understand you correcly, is the VGA connection a connection to a sort of full screen view of the ProsimCDU's text area as opposed to a native display that is controled by the engravity display - is that how it is setup? If so, it makes sense that you are seeing color on the CDU.

All the best and thanks for all your help

John

saabpilot

Post by saabpilot » 10 Jul 2012, 09:38

Hello Brian,

Great idea for Engravity users. :D
With this you can have Hoppies ACARS + CDU in the same unit.
For Info - see my site: http://www.boeing737sim.se/ACARS.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where and what model of 5" LCD did you buy ?

Best,
Bjorn
I5@4.3, Nvidia 970, 4x Esprimo I5 mini PC, Optoma HD proj, P3D v3, ORBX, RAAS Pro, ProATC-X, Buttkicker, CPF Pro MCP/EFIS, RSP motor TQ, OC v3 CDU, FDS Elite CDU
website = http://www.boeing737sim.se"

Brian

Post by Brian » 10 Jul 2012, 10:34

Hello,
I try to insert the link...
Place of Origin:
Liaoning China (Mainland)
is_customized:
Yes
Brand Name:
GOOD DISPLAY
Type:
TFT
Model Number:
GD567M03-GTI050TN22
Resolution:
640x(RGB)x480
Brightness:
200cd/m2
Module Model:
GD567M03-GTI050TN22
Signal input:
VIDEO,VGA

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/105343303.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dvincent

Post by dvincent » 10 Jul 2012, 10:46

That makes 90,- € including shipping
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/50 ... alers.html
Regards,
Dirk

Return to “ProSim737 - Technical support - software related”