Latest FSUIPC has broken wxr radar with ASNext

cbruce

Latest FSUIPC has broken wxr radar with ASNext

Post by cbruce » 14 Nov 2015, 21:33

Hi, I am using P3D 2.5, Prosim 1.46b5, ASN and wxr radar has been working fine for months. Just upgraded fsuipc from 4.939v to 4.948 and no longer have any wxr visuals on my ND, even in heavy cb area. I checked the fsuipc ini and I still have the entry ASNwxRadarPath=c:\ProSim737\radar.bin and my latest prosim log has:

11/14/2015 5:50:26 PM * System:Active Sky Next integration enabled
11/14/2015 5:50:26 PM * System:Active Sky Next radar.bin loaded successfully, using prerendered ASN cloud data

Radar.bin is being successfully created in the prosim folder.

Anyone else had this problem with fsuipc 4.948?

Looking in my simconnect log for today (14th nov) there is a simconnect error message (attached), but I think this is something else as I had the same message yesterday (13th nov) and previously, when the wxr radar was working fine.

FSUIPC had an install error because it was looking for an old path to a dummy fsx folder which I no longer have, but the install to P3d seems ok (log attached)
log.txt
(597.07 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Best
Charles
Attachments
FSUIPC4 Install.log
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Last edited by cbruce on 17 Nov 2015, 12:16, edited 2 times in total.
Charles

cbruce

Re: Updated FSUIPC and wxr radar gone

Post by cbruce » 15 Nov 2015, 19:53

Updated cpflight MCP firmware from 1,17 to latest 1,20 but still no wxr depicted
Charles

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 17 Nov 2015, 12:15

Anyone using latest fsuipc 4.948 who can confirm that either does not have, or does have, this problem of no wxr radar on the ND with ASNext?

Was working perfectly until I moved to latest fsuipc and I have no idea how to correct the issue, as radar.bin is still being produced fine in the prosim folder so it should be working.

Also I do not know how to back up to the previous version of fsuipc that I was on, I think simply replacing the fsuipc.dll with my previous version may be dangerous

I noted that the documents folder within the fsuipc modules folder now has a technical guide about integration with ASN, so I suspect something has changed that needs to be picked up by Prosim sw
Charles

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 17 Nov 2015, 15:32

cbruce wrote:Anyone using latest fsuipc 4.948 who can confirm that either does not have, or does have, this problem of no wxr radar on the ND with ASNext?
Everything is fine here...

regards
Lapi

cbruce

Re: Latest FSUIPC has broken wxr radar with ASNext

Post by cbruce » 17 Nov 2015, 16:19

Thanks, are you using 1,46b5 of prosim too?

I am really stumped on this one, because the ONLY change I made was install of the latest version of fsuipc on 14/11, and radar.bin is still being created in the prosim folder, which is what made me think there is something wrong between prosim and radar.bin.

Any idea how I can try and get to the bottom of this? Attached are my latest prosim and ASN logs. There is a simconnect error that repeats in the prosim log, but I do not think this is the cause because I have had this error every day before 14/11 when the radar worked. I think this is when I shit down P3D as today it occurred at 1200 hs which is exactly when I did so. Olivier also reported having this error message but that all seems ok, see here http://prosim-ar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8690. The error message is:

Simconnect:connect():Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect..ctor(String szName, IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 UserEventWin32, WaitHandle hEventHandle, UInt32 ConfigIndex)
at A.c91ef2a6a10c8bfe6291bd69f6f40f026.ce7e0742d9a06269a9aae479cf504c994() in C:\Projecten\Prosim737\ProSim737\FSLink.cs:line 594

I am running ASN on a networked pc separate from my P3D PC which has prosim, has been like this for years.

Best
Charles
Attachments
ASN_SimConnectionLog.txt
(26.23 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
ASN_Log_100837.txt
(12.63 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
log.txt
(832.47 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Charles

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 17 Nov 2015, 19:40

Jus uninstalled and reinstalled ASN but same problem

This definitely seems like something that the latest fsuipc has done to radar.bin. That file is still being produced in my prosim folder each time, but maybe the latest version of fsuipc did something to its content

The ONLY thing I changed between my wxr radar working and not working was install of latest fsuipc
Charles

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 18 Nov 2015, 17:27

Went back from prosim 1,46b5 to 1,45 but still no radar with fsuipc latest version. Radar.bin is being produced ok in prosim folder.

What can I do anyone?
Charles

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 18 Nov 2015, 17:42

cbruce wrote:Went back from prosim 1,46b5 to 1,45 but still no radar with fsuipc latest version. Radar.bin is being produced ok in prosim folder.
What can I do anyone?
I doubt there were any changes to the radar by Marty, and it works for others, so try to go a different path.
No actual ideas, but try to leave out ASN and see if the radar works in ProSim with another weather prg or even some bad default weather.
If it works, then thoroughly check the needed definition in the FSUIPC.ini file.

regards
Lapi

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 18 Nov 2015, 17:57

Thanks, I tried without ASN but with just Instructor station preset weather (thunderstorms) and still nothing

The radar was working fine until I upgraded fsuipc, I did nothing else other than this and run makerwys. As radar.bin is still being produced fine, the only thing I can think is that it has no data in it or incorrect data. Unsure how to confirm that, do you know? Maybe fsuipc is affecting the data in this file

Is there a way of back-installing to the previous version of fsuipc? Problem was that this was an install of a later version, and not a simple upgrade, so unsure how this can be done
Charles

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 18 Nov 2015, 18:44

cbruce wrote:The radar was working fine until I upgraded fsuipc, I did nothing else other than this and run makerwys. As radar.bin is still being produced fine, the only thing I can think is that it has no data in it or incorrect data. Unsure how to confirm that, do you know? Maybe fsuipc is affecting the data in this file
Is there a way of back-installing to the previous version of fsuipc? Problem was that this was an install of a later version, and not a simple upgrade, so unsure how this can be done
Don't use the IS for this. Simply load the 'stormy weather' scenario in FS.
You may always install an older FSUIPC version. But I doubt that would be the problem.
Go through the fsuipc.ini file and see if there's anything strange (and always backup the file... saves day sometimes...)

regards
Lapi

Return to “ProSim737 - Technical support - software related”