Latest FSUIPC has broken wxr radar with ASNext

belgianguy

Re: Latest FSUIPC has broken wxr radar with ASNext

Post by belgianguy » 18 Nov 2015, 18:47

Hi,

I was thinking, a while ago, my WX radar didn't worked no longer either.
I had no idea why this happened until I noticed that for some reason, I changed the WX radar mode on the hardware panel.
After a reset to mode WX or WX/Turb, the radar worked again like before.
Best Regards,
Gert

Mischung

Post by Mischung » 18 Nov 2015, 22:34

Hi there,

I also had problems with the weather radar and found out that the radar.bin was created, but only "NULL" inside.

So something is wrong with the latest FSUIP-version and I reverted back to 4.939n. Now everything is fine (to make the installer overwrite the old files, just delete the FSUIPC4.dll in the P3D/Modules-folder ;) )

Pete is on a long break until Dec 7th right now, so we have to wait a bit for a fix I guess...

Marc
Marc

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 19 Nov 2015, 13:34

Marc, that is a huge relief, I was going crazy to figure this out but it did point to fsuipc as this was the only change I made

So to conclude for Pete and Prosim: there is a problem with 4,948 of fsuipc causing radar.bin to be null. Version 4,939n of fsuipc is confirmed to be last version that worked with prosim radar.

Best
Charles
Charles

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 19 Nov 2015, 16:06

I moved back to 4,939v of fsuipc and radar is now fully working :D
Charles

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 20 Nov 2015, 18:41

cbruce wrote:So to conclude for Pete and Prosim: there is a problem with 4,948 of fsuipc causing radar.bin to be null. Version 4,939n of fsuipc is confirmed to be last version that worked with prosim radar.
4.948 works flawlessly here...

regards
Lapi

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 21 Nov 2015, 15:46

Lapi, maybe this is something different in our setups, maybe if you and Marc can confirm the following in your setups it might get us closer. Here is mine:

FS program: P3d 2.5
ASNext: B5707
ASNext run on FS or client PC? - Client PC
Prosim version: 1.45
Location of Prosim: FS PC
FSUIPC version that works with wxr radar: 4.939v
FSUIPC version that does not work with wxr radar: 4.948 (radar.bin is coming out with no content)
Entry in fsuipc.ini for radar: ASNwxRadarPath=c:\ProSim737\radar.bin
Hw used: Cpflight MCP and WXR module
Firmware: Cpflight 1.20
Charles

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 21 Nov 2015, 16:24

cbruce wrote:Lapi, maybe this is something different in our setups, maybe if you and Marc can confirm the following in your setups it might get us closer.
I also use CpFlight hardware, but P3Dv3.0 so the difference could be there...

EDIT:
You wrote the path as: ASNwxRadarPath=c:\ProSim737\radar.bin
If it is so, it is wrong! It should be: ASNwxRadarPath=C:\Prosim737\Prosim737\radar.bin

regards
Lapi

cbruce

Post by cbruce » 21 Nov 2015, 16:46

If it is so, it is wrong! It should be: ... \radar.bin

Not wrong, the path I have on my PC does not have the second sub-directory "Prosim 737". Furthermore, if it was wrong then my wxr radar would not work on any version of fsuipc, would it? And it IS working on earlier version of fsuipc
Charles

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 21 Nov 2015, 17:06

cbruce wrote:Not wrong, the path I have on my PC does not have the second sub-directory "Prosim 737".
As far as I know, you shouldn't mix the original directory structure. But if it works, let it be.
If you are certain that FSUIPC is the culprit, then you have to wait for Pete to return.

regards
Lapi

Hakkie

Post by Hakkie » 21 Nov 2015, 19:07

This may sound silly, but as so far there's no solution it's worth a try. Are you running P3D with admin privileges? If not, then delete the empty 0 byte radar.bin (P3D must not be running, duhhh), start P3D with admin privileges and try wxr radar again. Assuming that paths etc. are correct. Running latest versions of 'everything' here (P3D v3) without problems. Another thing you can try is make a backup of fsuipc.ini, delete the one in modules folders, start P3D so a new fsuipc.ini is created, close P3D, add the path for ASN weather in fsuipc.ini and try again. If working, compare the backup ini file with the new to determine which lines are different. Only add the lines of which you're certain they are needed. If all of this doesn't work: sorry, no clue what might be wrong.
Kind regards,
Henk-Jan
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value (Albert Einstein)

Return to “ProSim737 - Technical support - software related”