more instrucor station failures like engine severe damage of separation

Nick737

Re: more instrucor station failures like engine severe damage of separation

Post by Nick737 » 05 Mar 2019, 19:21

I can't stress enough the importance of having failures as a teaching aid to pilots.

Faults and failures need to continue to be part of the software and cover a wide array of issues, while troubleshooting during flight operations needs to remain part of the pilot training environment.

The customizable failures that Prosim have added are very nice to have, and I appreciate all their effort in the software to help create a unique learning experience with each flight.

This helps to more realistically simulate problems that need to be dealt with appropriately and can occur at any moment during aircraft operations.
Even when aircraft are parked they are subject to aging and environmental elements, parts age, leak or become worn and faulty.
Flight stresses and extreme temperatures can cause metal fatigue and failures.

Perhaps one day Prosim may add a maintenance based failure rate (or lack of maintenance), oil leaks, tire wear etc.

The failure rate that Prosim currently has included in the software is perfect. Anyone who doesn't want to use them simply selects "0"

Keep up the great effort Prosim.

Kind regards,

Nick
:) :)

Cristo

Post by Cristo » 10 Mar 2019, 17:40

Hello,
Jeroenpaap wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 01:33

I am a real life instructor and I absolutely love prosim, but I do think a couple of key failures are missing. If I could please suggest a couple on the top of my wish list:
1 hot and hung start
2 hydraulic leaks on either system
3 fuel leaks
4 display failures (pfd/mfd etc)
5 engine vibration indication / abnormal engine indication
6 engine oil pressure high / low.
Some of these failures are implemented with the commcercial version of Prosim. I think their point of view is, in my humble opinion, if you need these kind of failures it is because (maybe) you are doing training with pilots or offering your sim to do that. If so, you have to pay for the commercial one if you are making money with their software.

The non commercial one is intended for enthusiastic users doing virtual flying and so on.

Regards.

Nick737

Post by Nick737 » 10 Mar 2019, 21:56

Cristo you may be right, it would be nice to know for sure...
I use Prosim for entertainment, however for realism purposes this should be available to the professional and entertainment side with the difference being the cost of the licence. Otherwise its just a game to me and negates the reason I have already spent tens of thousands of dollars on all my hardware:)

Kind regards,

Nick

OE1CGA

Post by OE1CGA » 11 Mar 2019, 15:44

this is the way how we should see it !

I am with Nick....

Driver170

Post by Driver170 » 11 Mar 2019, 17:23

Nick737 wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 21:56
Cristo you may be right, it would be nice to know for sure...
I use Prosim for entertainment, however for realism purposes this should be available to the professional and entertainment side with the difference being the cost of the licence. Otherwise its just a game to me and negates the reason I have already spent tens of thousands of dollars on all my hardware:)

Kind regards,

Nick
+1

I have spent 40k and would love to see more of this stuff
Vernon

Flyengravity MIP Cpflight ICS V2
Cpflight Pedestal
Flybycockpit yoke, Rudder pedals, Floor structure and shell.

dvincent

Post by dvincent » 12 Mar 2019, 12:25

Well... for all those who spent 40k, 50k or whatever how much money... then Prosim costs only a fraction of it...
And how much updates or simular do you get by the hardware suppliers when they renew their products ?
Just think about that one.
Regards,
Dirk

Nick737

Post by Nick737 » 12 Mar 2019, 14:18

Agreed....

Perhaps if our hardware suppliers had a paid annual subscription they would allow trade-ups to newer hardware... Or we simply sell our old and buy new...

Kind regards,

Nick

Jeroenpaap

Post by Jeroenpaap » 17 Mar 2019, 00:44

Cristo wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 17:40
Hello,
Jeroenpaap wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 01:33

I am a real life instructor and I absolutely love prosim, but I do think a couple of key failures are missing. If I could please suggest a couple on the top of my wish list:
1 hot and hung start
2 hydraulic leaks on either system
3 fuel leaks
4 display failures (pfd/mfd etc)
5 engine vibration indication / abnormal engine indication
6 engine oil pressure high / low.
Some of these failures are implemented with the commcercial version of Prosim. I think their point of view is, in my humble opinion, if you need these kind of failures it is because (maybe) you are doing training with pilots or offering your sim to do that. If so, you have to pay for the commercial one if you are making money with their software.

The non commercial one is intended for enthusiastic users doing virtual flying and so on.

Regards.
Yea possibly correct. As I’m a commercial pilot and see these failures in the sim at work, I’d like to replicate them at home when flying with the other half and friends. I hope in future some of these failures will become available.

Nick737

Post by Nick737 » 17 Mar 2019, 12:20

Can anyone confirm what the differences are between the commercial and non-commercial versions of Prosim?

Kind regards,

Nick

JWS

Post by JWS » 17 Mar 2019, 13:21

Nick737 wrote:
17 Mar 2019, 12:20
Can anyone confirm what the differences are between the commercial and non-commercial versions of Prosim?

Kind regards,

Nick
In features or in $$? :lol: :lol:
JWS

Return to “ProSim737 - Needs & Wishes”