Flight and Landing Altitude as Displays

Bernie

Flight and Landing Altitude as Displays

Post by Bernie » 15 Apr 2019, 01:08

Hi,

I am wondering if it would ever be possible to have the Landing and Flight Altitude included as displays just like the Elec panel, IRS and gauges have been included. These displays could then be placed on a small screen in portrait mode and then the encoders could be placed embedded so a screen can be put over them at the back of the overhead. This could potentially save people quite a bit of money not having to purchase all that is needed otherwise.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

navymustang

Re: Flight and Landing Altitude as Displays

Post by navymustang » 15 Apr 2019, 02:28

Could you explain a bit further what you mean? Are you asking for a simple window that shows two altitudes? And then, what would the encoders do?

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 15 Apr 2019, 03:03

navymustang wrote:
15 Apr 2019, 02:28
Could you explain a bit further what you mean? Are you asking for a simple window that shows two altitudes? And then, what would the encoders do?
The encoders with a low profile where the pins are can be set into a flat piece of MDF etc. so that the screen can be placed behind it and then 2 slots cut out of the MDF so that the screen can be seen where the Flight and Altitude displays can be seen. The would be no reason to buy, the seven segment displays and the board to drive them. The process would be so simple. I have also done this for the ELEC display using the ELEC display available and the Chrono in the Prosim Displays. The encoders would just work as they normally do when assigned. If the Flight and Landing were done as separate displays, it would make it easier to set them ups on the same screen as I originally did for the ELEC and IRS but will soon put each where they need to be and I use USB to VGA adaptors and they are quite cheap.

Edit: I did not check the IRS so would you mind checking to see if this is the same please :D :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 17 Apr 2019, 10:29

Hi Humberto,

I have found an application that does this for Prosim so it is not required now. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Return to “ProSim737 - Needs & Wishes”