Descent Forecast Page

Ursli80

Re: Descent Forecast Page

Post by Ursli80 » 01 Jan 2019, 13:35

wpslider wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 12:17
I will only say 2 things:

Winds are not cosmetic. The cosmetic part was done years ago(it was simply hidden because of that).
Winds are actually being applied to the route for correct GS calculation, thus having better navigation estimates, etc...
I will check why T/D is not re-calculated in this case.

SIOC Direct is finished. Maybe one small issue here and there as I don't have all the hardware, but SIOC Direct is also limited by the used protocol(ioc connect) itself. Note that SIOC was updated (first to V6, now to 7) due to the fact that it was not working correctly with V5.
SIOC Direct was not meant to replace scripts, but to help people to use their new "PnP" OC hardware as real PnP which is possible now. If you have already scripts, keep them. You cannot simply replace a script with hardcoded functionality.
Some more complicated cards, like the stepper one, require more control. And I am still waiting an answer from OC to control the clock pointer...

Regards
Hello Humberto,

first of all, you a happy new year 2019.

Who this is with the winds, I apologize, of course, for my statement. I only met them on the statement of Rob and mentioned that I did not test them myself.

As for Sioc Direct, I think there was a translator problem again. I understood this at the time, as if there were too many different scripts for the same panel and therefore it would never really work. Therefore, I withdraw my statement here, of course, and apologize with all my heart.

I will Test and report page tomorrow on a flight with my dad.

Best regards
Urs
P3D V4.5
Windows 10
MCP/EFIS/CDU Pedestal (CP Flight)
MIP, AFT OVHT (SISMO)
TQ V3 Gold Plus ( CFY)
FWD OVHT, Pedalen (Leo Bodnar Card) and Yoke (Opencockpits)
Tiller (Schiller Metalle)
Goggle Translator

rs3tier

Post by rs3tier » 01 Jan 2019, 21:37

wpslider wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 12:17
I will only say 2 things:

Winds are not cosmetic. The cosmetic part was done years ago(it was simply hidden because of that).
Winds are actually being applied to the route for correct GS calculation, thus having better navigation estimates, etc...
I will check why T/D is not re-calculated in this case.
Ahh, so the fact that a/t seemed to stay in Arm mode better, even though it was a head wind wasn’t a coincidence after all. Very cool :)

Ursli80

Post by Ursli80 » 02 Jan 2019, 19:02

wpslider wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 13:24

It should be possible to change winds. And with b12 it is also possible to delete them.
B12 is also recalculating VNAV after EXEC, this should reposition the TOD.
As I explained previously, descend winds are actually used for route calculation, so it is expected that the aircraft behave in a better way during descent.

Regards and Happy 2019

Edit: Typo. it is b12, not b13
Hello Humberto,

as announced my feedback on the forecast page.

You can enter the winch without problems and delete it with b12. But the T / D does not move a millimeter. No matter what kind of winch you enter or just delete it again.

Best regards
Urs
P3D V4.5
Windows 10
MIP, AFT OVHT (SISMO)
TQ V3 Gold Plus ( CFY)
Goggle Translator

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 03 Jan 2019, 10:02

Ursli80 wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 19:02
wpslider wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 13:24

It should be possible to change winds. And with b12 it is also possible to delete them.
B12 is also recalculating VNAV after EXEC, this should reposition the TOD.
As I explained previously, descend winds are actually used for route calculation, so it is expected that the aircraft behave in a better way during descent.

Regards and Happy 2019

Edit: Typo. it is b12, not b13
Hello Humberto,

as announced my feedback on the forecast page.

You can enter the winch without problems and delete it with b12. But the T / D does not move a millimeter. No matter what kind of winch you enter or just delete it again.

Best regards
Urs
hum... I need to review the TD calculation then, but winds are for sure applied to route calculations.
TD calculation will be reviewed during 2.14 cycle as 2.13 is already closed for release today.

Regards
Humberto Miguel

Ursli80

Post by Ursli80 » 03 Jan 2019, 17:13

wpslider wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 10:02

hum... I need to review the TD calculation then, but winds are for sure applied to route calculations.
TD calculation will be reviewed during 2.14 cycle as 2.13 is already closed for release today.

Regards

Thanks for the answer Humberto.
Will 2.14 be released in March?

Regards
Urs
P3D V4.5
Windows 10
MIP, AFT OVHT (SISMO)
TQ V3 Gold Plus ( CFY)
Goggle Translator

rs3tier

Post by rs3tier » 04 Jan 2019, 10:00

Just a further note on this. I tried another descent today and with forecast winds entered, the throttles were running at about 70% for the first 20000 feet of descent. It finally settled in the ARM position only after the decel phase at 10000 feet. It makes me think the logic for planning an idle thrust descent is still somewhat questionable??

Cheers,
Rob

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 04 Jan 2019, 10:23

rs3tier wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 10:00
Just a further note on this. I tried another descent today and with forecast winds entered, the throttles were running at about 70% for the first 20000 feet of descent. It finally settled in the ARM position only after the decel phase at 10000 feet. It makes me think the logic for planning an idle thrust descent is still somewhat questionable??

Cheers,
Rob
Check MCP confg/tuning. There is a descent angle. If it is 2.8, change it to 3. You can play with this value to tune the best angle.
Humberto Miguel

Driver170

Post by Driver170 » 04 Jan 2019, 10:28

Hi Humberto

Haven't fully tested this new features but I entered 15000 in the altitude box pressed execute but then it cleared?
Vernon

Flyengravity MIP Cpflight ICS V2
Cpflight Pedestal
Flybycockpit yoke, Rudder pedals, Floor structure and shell.

rs3tier

Post by rs3tier » 04 Jan 2019, 11:13

wpslider wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 10:23
rs3tier wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 10:00

Cheers,
Rob
Check MCP confg/tuning. There is a descent angle. If it is 2.8, change it to 3. You can play with this value to tune the best angle.
Ok, handnt realised this might be in the mix. To be fair I don’t know what that setting actually does it all! :). Will try doing some adjustments and see what happens.

I presume I can adjust it in real-time during a descent?

Cheers
Rob

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 04 Jan 2019, 11:35

Hi Rob and Humberto,

This is an interesting point but what I don't understand, is if we are all flying the Same Model and Prosim is what we all use, then why would we need to play around with a tuning setting. Should this not be set in stone so that all users are getting the correct and same results. Just wondering. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Return to “ProSim737 - Needs & Wishes”