Orbx Airports without FTX Central.

Mikesim

Orbx Airports without FTX Central.

Post by Mikesim » 04 Feb 2019, 16:21

Hi,

I am using photo realistc scenery. Will Orbx Airports work in this case, means without FTX Central ? Would be nice because Orbx covers different regional airports especially in the (Fly over) States, where you do not have other providers.
Cheers
Mike

Aussie1234

Re: Orbx Airports without FTX Central.

Post by Aussie1234 » 04 Feb 2019, 21:11

I think it would be best to ask this question over on the Orbx Forum. Not here.
However, I doubt it. The Orbx supplied FTX Central handles the activation of the purchased scenery, layering and libraries etc.
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V2.1x : P3Dv4.4: REX Env. & Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios; MCP; 2 x EFIS; 1 x CDU: GTX 1070 4 ext views. Total 5 PCs in HP 1GB private network.

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 04 Feb 2019, 22:57

Mikesim wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 16:21
I am using photo realistc scenery. Will Orbx Airports work in this case, means without FTX Central ? Would be nice because Orbx covers different regional airports especially in the (Fly over) States, where you do not have other providers.
FTX-Central activates, updates the sceneries and the library. Besides that it usually screws up the scenery.cfg file, as it notoriously wants to place the related orbx entries on top of everything.
So if you have ran the sceneries once at least, no need for the Central anymore, you will be fine, until you wish to update one of the sceneries again.

regards
Lapi

Mikesim

Post by Mikesim » 05 Feb 2019, 10:16

Thks, for your answers.

With other words, I have to install FTX Central at least once (and could delete it than, to avoid further "damage") ?

Or can I activate the scenery manually by just defining the path in the P3G library ?

I have approx. 6TB scenery, and I am only activating the scenery I am flying using a tool.
Cheers
Mike

Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont » 05 Feb 2019, 10:27

Lapi wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 22:57
Mikesim wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 16:21
FTX-Central activates, updates the sceneries and the library. Besides that it usually screws up the scenery.cfg file, as it notoriously wants to place the related orbx entries on top of everything.
So if you have ran the sceneries once at least, no need for the Central anymore, you will be fine, until you wish to update one of the sceneries again.

regards
Lapi
Lapi,

You can avoid ORBX screwing up the scenery.cfg file by specifying the insertion point in FTX Central/settings. Works like a charm.
ftx insertion.jpg
Ron B

Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont » 05 Feb 2019, 10:34

Mikesim wrote:
05 Feb 2019, 10:16
Thks, for your answers.

With other words, I have to install FTX Central at least once (and could delete it than, to avoid further "damage") ?

Or can I activate the scenery manually by just defining the path in the P3G library ?

I have approx. 6TB scenery, and I am only activating the scenery I am flying using a tool.
Mike,

You can install FTX Central, use it to install your purchased sceneries and then forget about it. You do not need to delete, I don't see the point of that.

ORBX frequently update the "libraries" and you can then run FTX Central to install the updates.
Not only that ORBX are slowly introducig SODE jetways and will be updating their scenery on a case by case basis. You would need FTX Central to include the latest update for any of your scenery purchased before they did the update.

If you set up your scenery.cfg using the insertion point as I outlined above, this operation is trouble free.

Regards
Ron B

Hakkie

Post by Hakkie » 05 Feb 2019, 10:44

RTFM :mrgreen:
Kind regards,
Henk-Jan
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value (Albert Einstein)

Mikesim

Post by Mikesim » 05 Feb 2019, 13:37

Thank you Ron,

it is understood now. Sorry for asking, but I did not use Orbx so far and had heard that it might cause problems. So better ask exprts than ...

@Hakkie
Honeste vivere, neminem laeder, suum cuique tribuere. (Ulpian/170 - 223 p.Chr
Cheers
Mike

Return to “Off topic”