Migrating Prosim to a new computer

Ursli80

Re: Migrating Prosim to a new computer

Post by Ursli80 » 25 Dec 2018, 13:02

OE1CGA wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 23:26
what i did:

i copied the SSD and transfered it (Prosim, P3d, all addons) to the new SSD (with Samsung migration)

Put that in the new computer and it runs without any (reregistering etc) problems....
Thanks for this tip.
De copy protection seems to be very high😂😂

Merry Christmas.

Regards
Urs
P3D V4.4
Windows 10
MCP/EFIS/CDU Pedestal (CP Flight)
MIP, AFT OVHT (SISMO)
TQ V3 Gold Plus ( CFY)
FWD OVHT, Pedalen and Yoke (Opencockpits)
Tiller (Schiller Metalle)
Goggle Translator

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 25 Dec 2018, 23:56

Hmm... interesting. I am planning to build a new PC (motherboard, CPU, etc), but take put my exisitng SSD (which contains Windows, and Prosim) into the new PC. So, sounds like I should not have any trouble launching Prosim on the new PC. However, I intend to then move Prosim from the SSD to a new M.2 drive. Do you think it will allow me to do this?

I guess I will find out soon....
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.1, Lastest Prosim v2.xx (using MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, WideFS, 1 flying PC running 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v3 Gold.

OE1CGA

Post by OE1CGA » 26 Dec 2018, 02:21

yes, because i did that...

i moved from one SSD to an M.2 SSD 500GB. Before 250GB SSD, using the Samsung software

you will be checked anyway (Prosim) once a month via the Internet, for validation....

belgianguy

Post by belgianguy » 26 Dec 2018, 09:55

sunmartial wrote:
25 Dec 2018, 23:56
Hmm... interesting. I am planning to build a new PC (motherboard, CPU, etc), but take put my exisitng SSD (which contains Windows, and Prosim) into the new PC. So, sounds like I should not have any trouble launching Prosim on the new PC. However, I intend to then move Prosim from the SSD to a new M.2 drive. Do you think it will allow me to do this?

I guess I will find out soon....
I don't think this will work.

I can imagine that moving the contents from ons SSD to another by cloning the SSD to a new one won't be a problem, but once you start with a new motherboard and CPU, etc, things will be different. I guess that ProSim will compare a kind of computer ID and this is no problem if you only change an SSD, but this ID will be totaly different when you change the motherboard etc...
Best Regards,
Gert

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 27 Dec 2018, 10:53

OE1CGA wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 02:21
yes, because i did that...
i moved from one SSD to an M.2 SSD 500GB. Before 250GB SSD, using the Samsung software
So, you changed your motherboard? And what do you mean using the "Samsung Software"? They have a software to clone the disk or something, do they? Would it not have worked by just copying the Prosim folder?

belgianguy wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 09:55
I can imagine that moving the contents from ons SSD to another by cloning the SSD to a new one won't be a problem, but once you start with a new motherboard and CPU, etc, things will be different. I guess that ProSim will compare a kind of computer ID and this is no problem if you only change an SSD, but this ID will be totaly different when you change the motherboard etc...
Yes, that is my fear.....

I have read on this forum that it can be a while before Prosim respond to requests regarding, so I was hoping to avoid that....
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.1, Lastest Prosim v2.xx (using MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, WideFS, 1 flying PC running 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v3 Gold.

dvincent

Post by dvincent » 27 Dec 2018, 12:35

Just send an email to support at prosim-ar.com BEFORE cloning, asking about the way it works best for you.
Regards,
Dirk

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 27 Dec 2018, 13:30

Good idea.
Thanks. :-)
Sunny
Cyprus

Return to “ProSim737 - General discussion”