Suddenly new website

wpslider

Re: Suddenly new website

Post by wpslider » 26 Apr 2019, 08:47

OE1CGA wrote:
25 Apr 2019, 23:45
i would say: "non commercial user"....
Seriously.... I can think of a few other (and better) words. And "Enthusiasts" is a good one.

Let's focus on the new website and not on ProSim's policy.
Humberto Miguel

vjeanmarc

Post by vjeanmarc » 26 Apr 2019, 08:57

wpslider wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 08:44
bravolima wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 06:06
first, I am a commercial user!
In this case you are in the entertainment segment.

Enthusiasts => non-commercial
Entertainment => commercial
All others => professional

But I really don't understand why you have a problem with the "enthusiasts" word. Because that's exactly what I am(and what most of us are). I am an enthusiast, I love aviation and I am building my own home cockpit.

Regards
Totally agree with Humberto.
I am also passionate having started the simulation several years ago with "FS4" on "Atari 520 ST" and floppy disks ;)
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.

bravolima

Post by bravolima » 26 Apr 2019, 09:28

wpslider wrote:
bravolima wrote:

But I really don't understand why you have a problem with the "enthusiasts" word. Because that's exactly what I am(and what most of us are). I am an enthusiast, I love aviation and I am building my own home cockpit.

Regards

The distinction between pure entertainment flightsimulation and my approach: what does a 737NG, what can be simulated in a FFS and what can I realize in my homecockpit for me. My sim is a "illusion-machine" for sure and I like it! But I also work with FCOM and FCTM! I came to Flightsimulation via Aerowinx PS1.3, a very elaborated familarization tool for the B747, for me still some kind of Gold-Standard. The interest in technics was a main issue from the beginning. O.K, tempi passati, we will see how ProSim covers this demands in the future.

Regards

Bernhard (LSZH)
P3D v4.3 FDS: MIP, CDUs, Clocks, Shell, Liners,Tiller; CPFlight: Overheads, Pedestal; MCP, EFIS; OPENCOCKPIT Pedals; FI: Brake-pressure, jaw-damper, compass; FCS: linked Yokes (modified); Weber-Seats, PROSIM: B737&Utility; AIVLASOFT: EFB 2,

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 26 Apr 2019, 10:01

bravolima wrote:
26 Apr 2019, 09:28
wpslider wrote:
bravolima wrote:

Regards

The distinction between pure entertainment flightsimulation and my approach: what does a 737NG, what can be simulated in a FFS and what can I realize in my homecockpit for me. My sim is a "illusion-machine" for sure and I like it! But I also work with FCOM and FCTM! I came to Flightsimulation via Aerowinx PS1.3, a very elaborated familarization tool for the B747, for me still some kind of Gold-Standard. The interest in technics was a main issue from the beginning. O.K, tempi passati, we will see how ProSim covers this demands in the future.

Regards

Bernhard (LSZH)
Using FCOms/FCTMs/QRHs/etc... does not change the segment you are into... It just improves the experience. You are still a home cockpit builder and in the enthusiasts segment. If you have a commercial license and rent your sim, then you are in the entertainment segment. Webpage was segmented based on the market.

Basically:
Nothing changed for the home user/home cockpit builder/enthusiast/non-commercial user....
Nothing changed for the commercial user/entertainment...

We just added more segments due to the higher market segments.
And all of us will benefit from these higher markets. As some of the work done there is available for everyone.

I see that you have some FDS stuff... did you do the same noise you are doing here? Because they also call the home cockpit builders/non commercial as "Enthusiasts"...
So this is not something new.

We are not ranking users here... but apparently you are.

I am locking this topic. If you have anything else to add, please use the contact page: https://prosim-ar.com/contact/.

Regards
Humberto Miguel

Return to “ProSim737 - General discussion”