Poll: How do you install ProSim737 Suite updates?

How do you install ProSim737 Suite updates?

Manually by moving zip files to all computers yourself.
10%
Manually by using the “update with zip file” function.
20%
Automated “ask before updating”.
54%
Automated fully “automated updates”.
15%

Total votes: 171

Hanne
Beheerder

Poll: How do you install ProSim737 Suite updates?

Post by Hanne » 21 May 2013, 21:11

We've created two polls as we're interested to learn how you update ProSim737 to newer versions. All feedback on why you do it in a certain way is welcome, as well as ideas for improvement.

Thanks! Hanne

doniek

Re: Poll: How do you install ProSim737 Suite updates?

Post by doniek » 21 May 2013, 21:19

Voted for Automated “ask before updating”, but I'm happy with the current options, especially the manual updating with zip file comes in when updating with a prerelease.
Last edited by doniek on 22 May 2013, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

mickc

Post by mickc » 21 May 2013, 21:30

Same for me.

I prefer to update with a zip file, so i can open each module individually to make sure it updates correctly.

I have had a few experiences where the modules try and start after an automatic update and they get stuck in an "Installing Update" loop.

Hanne
Beheerder

Post by Hanne » 21 May 2013, 22:10

mickc wrote:Same for me.

I prefer to update with a zip file, so i can open each module individually to make sure it updates correctly.
Thanks for your feedback. I think the updating with a zip file Doniek is reffering to is the way you point the ProSim737 updater to a manually downloaded zip file which is then automatically updated on all clients. If I understand you right you move all modules to the different computers by hand right?
mickc wrote:I have had a few experiences where the modules try and start after an automatic update and they get stuck in an "Installing Update" loop.
This is something we should work on although I think this happened more often after our first implementation of the updater than nowadays but correct me if I'm wrong.

Bora25

Post by Bora25 » 21 May 2013, 22:38

Hello

When I start prosim, the program said update available and would you install the update.
I select to instal the update and that is it.
This works good.

Best regards Ton

filippoporcari

Post by filippoporcari » 21 May 2013, 23:14

hanne i do confirm on my side. the installing update loop stuck happened in my case only at the very beginning...the early days the updater was created....never experienced it anymore since a long time.
cheers
fil

" ...listen to all your pilot friends...but trust ONLY your FCOM! "

mickc

Post by mickc » 21 May 2013, 23:26

Hanne wrote:
mickc wrote:Same for me.

Thanks for your feedback. I think the updating with a zip file Doniek is reffering to is the way you point the ProSim737 updater to a manually downloaded zip file which is then automatically updated on all clients. If I understand you right you move all modules to the different computers by hand right?
No, I do it the same way Doniek does, i just manually open each module after the update and wait for it to self update, then close them all again
Hanne wrote:
mickc wrote:I have had a few experiences where the modules try and start after an automatic update and they get stuck in an "Installing Update" loop.
This is something we should work on although I think this happened more often after our first implementation of the updater than nowadays but correct me if I'm wrong.
To be honest Hanne, i haven't tried the automatic update for quite a while :) I will try it next release and see how it goes

Aussie123

Post by Aussie123 » 22 May 2013, 00:02

Please do not remove the ability to point the ProSim737 updater to a manually downloaded zip file which is then automatically updated on all clients. My personal reasons are tied with the second survey. None of my SIMs six PCs are attached to the internet. They live on their own network. This way I do not need any anti-virus software to slow things down (I download Flight Sim updates and virus check on a laptop) and my WinXP, running on five of them, is quite happy, tuned and stable.

Aussie123

doniek

Post by doniek » 22 May 2013, 07:35

Hanne wrote:I think the updating with a zip file Doniek is reffering to is the way you point the ProSim737 updater to a manually downloaded zip file which is then automatically updated on all clients.
That's right Hanne!

BuildABoeing

Post by BuildABoeing » 22 May 2013, 07:55

I really like ProSim taking care of everything and installing updates automatically upon startup!
You may call me lazy. :-)
Happy landings
Peter - BuildABoeing.com

Return to “ProSim737 - General discussion”