Poll: How do you install ProSim737 Suite updates?

How do you install ProSim737 Suite updates?

Manually by moving zip files to all computers yourself.
10%
Manually by using the “update with zip file” function.
20%
Automated “ask before updating”.
55%
Automated fully “automated updates”.
15%

Total votes: 170

Hanne
Beheerder

Re: Poll: How do you install ProSim737 Suite updates?

Post by Hanne » 26 May 2013, 21:28

pvc0056 wrote:In my case I update automatically, but on the PC where I have two screens, the first Display module is for the captain side with the PFD and MFD and the second for the F/O with the PFD and MFD with a second Display Module, this second Display Module I have to update it manually because Prosim not do it automatically for being in another folder
Hi,

The folder name shouldn't make a difference. The only thing you need is the client module to be able to connect to ProSim737 System (which I guess it does otherwise it won't function at all) and then it updates in the folder it's running from. I've just tested it with a version prior to 1.24, that didn't work. I've also tested updating from 1.26 to 1.27 with two ProSim Display modules from two differently named folders and it does work fine. You also may want to try again automatically in the near future.

Rgds, Hanne

corne323

Post by corne323 » 27 May 2013, 22:37

Hanne wrote:
corne323 wrote:When i do an automatic update some of my modules are not working properly. So most of the time i need to update every module with the zip file manually.
That is very strange. Have you recently tried or is your experience based on older versions when the updater wasn't as good as it currently is? Either way I would ask you to give it a try again, in case you run into trouble we must find out what goes wrong and fix our updater.

Thanks, Hanne
Yes i tried with last update. The update runs perfect. But when i made a short testflight my engines spooled up really weird. After manual replacing the prosimsystem files from the ZIP file the startup was ok again.
It looks like the updater is forgetting some files or something.
https://www.facebook.com/Dutch-Boeing-7 ... 096426191/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 28 May 2013, 02:28

Hi Corne323,

One thing to note is that the update of the modules seems to only happen when the module is first opened after the Prosim Server Module has been updated. They do not update if they are already running. This is what I have noted anyway, so if you are having update issues, then maybe you could try this (If you Haven't already done it this way) to see if it helps.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

dvincent

Post by dvincent » 28 May 2013, 08:45

Hi Bernie,
sounds logic that the client update won't start if the server hasn't been updated. A client restart after a server update sounds logic too. To avoid unattended restart of clients it's better to do this manually otherwise the pilot could be very surprised with such an unattended restart in flight :lol:
Regards,
Dirk

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 28 May 2013, 09:24

Hi Dirk,

Yes I always have done manual updates. I update as soon as there is a Pre-Release. I check this every day as I like keeping everything current.
The point I was making was that there may be some that update the Server Module and forget that they may have the client Prosim Modules running and are not seeing the correct update until they just happen to stop these modules and start them next time they use their Sim.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

neuman

Post by neuman » 01 Jun 2013, 02:51

As my PCs are not connected to the internet (for now at least) - I am VERY happy with the update with the zip file.

I usually like to wait for the new release, then wait few days to see if the release is "successful" - I mean no troubles for my system components, then if all good I do the update.

My two bits.

Isaac

tennyson

Post by tennyson » 16 Jun 2013, 01:46

I notice a lot of people here use the pre-release software.

Is there not a danger with running beta? I mean that's what the pre-release is, isn't it?

What if the release software is different? Won't there be a conflict?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm interested in this for quite a while.

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 16 Jun 2013, 02:50

Hi Frank,

I have always updated as soon as there has been a Pre-Release available and have only had one issue. This was in reference to the Encoder use with the Pokeys Cards but was able to revert back to the previous Pre-Release until the issue was fixed. I don't think you would have any problems. Most of the updates contain fixes and new features. You are always able to revert back to another release.

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Firstinflight

Post by Firstinflight » 01 Dec 2013, 14:11

Hanne -
I would update the primary PC automatically. but then, i hadn't realized for a long time that updating the secondary PCs was simply a task of launching the module and allowing them to self-update until XOrionFE indicated that to me. I would take the zip file from the release folder and use it to update manually.

But, now I let it self-update. It works flawlessly.

CPJ

737man

Post by 737man » 09 Mar 2017, 18:56

what is the process to update from 1.42 to 1.48? I already updated the framework.
Cheers Lance

Return to “ProSim737 - General discussion”