Setting up VR Insight Radio Stack with Prosim

KevinKWK

Setting up VR Insight Radio Stack with Prosim

Post by KevinKWK » 27 May 2018, 18:19

Hi

I posted an issue recently with my VR Insight CDU 2, about changing the size of the display, I have now solved this by just changing the screen size with the mouse cursor- dragging the display edges until it filled my hardware screen.

I am now trying to set up my VR Insight Radio Stack with Prosim. I have managed to get the hardware panel led displays to light and also when I rotate the knobs, the test menu in VRiSim software changes. This shows that the knobs are being recognised by VRiSim software. I have used the Configuration menu in Prosim, Navigation menu and assigned the various knobs on the Radio panel using the encoders area, I assume encoders are the correct setting for the rotary knobs. The correct comm port is available in the drop down. The problem is that when I change the Radio knobs, no change occurs in Prosim. Also I have noticed that when I run VRISim software, my VR Insight CDU 2 panel stops working!

As I have mentioned in my last post on setting up my CDU2, the Prosim aircraft do not appear in the list of available aircraft in their panel installer. My CDU works fine without the software running!

Is the VR Insight Radio Stack compatible with Prosim 737?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

KevinKWK

Re: Setting up VR Insight Radio Stack with Prosim SOLVED

Post by KevinKWK » 03 Jun 2018, 00:35

Hi

I have now solved this thanks to advice from Prosim in response to my ticket. My VRI Radio Stack is now working with Prosim.

The VRI Radio Stack does not work directly with Prosim, it is set up with the flight sim software (in my case Prepar3d V4) and Prosim reads the frequencies. So using this Radio Stack, I have two Com radios, 2 Nav radios, ADF and transponder.

Regards

Kevin

Return to “VRinsight”