Which throttle quadrant to buy?

Jeroenpaap

Which throttle quadrant to buy?

Post by Jeroenpaap » 24 Feb 2019, 20:17

Hi all,

I’m buying a sim from somebody soon. This simulator comes with a non motorised throttle. I would like to have a motorised one. Could you guys help me with making the right choice?
Question 1: If I were to buy another one, which one should I go for? Money is an important factor. I would like the trimwheels/idication, parking brake, thrust levers and speedbrake motorised.

Question 2: Is there a way to make my current throttle motorised? If so, is there companies out there or anyone on this forum who could do this for me? (Obviously for a payment) I’m in the UK/Manchester.

Thanks for all your help in advance!!

Ammarmalhas

Re: Which throttle quadrant to buy?

Post by Ammarmalhas » 24 Feb 2019, 21:35

Jeroenpaap wrote:Hi all,

I’m buying a sim from somebody soon. This simulator ....
Question 1: If I were to buy another one, which one should I go for? Money is an important factor. I would like the trimwheels/idication, parking brake, thrust levers and speedbrake motorised.

Question 2: Is there a way to make my current throttle motorised? .....

Thanks for all your help in advance!!
This question has been asked and answered many times.
The answers u get are those of personal experiences from members here. They do differ a great deal.
In my case I bought two motorized TQs, the one I like better is CFY’s (Cockpit-For-You), I have a version 3 Gold model and I like it. All the parts you ask for are motorized.
CFY is now offering a version 4 which is supposed to be even better built.
Please do some research on your own, search and read the forums here on CFY and the TQ.
Since money is an issue (always is), I believe CFY offers the cheapest motorized TQ out there and it is really a good value for the money compared to others.
Again, pls read and do you own due diligence.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ammar

Saldo

Post by Saldo » 27 Feb 2019, 16:55

A friend of mine has a CFY motorisering tq and myself I have a Cockpitsonic motorized tq.

We are both very satisfied with them..
Regards,

Gerard

Jeroenpaap

Post by Jeroenpaap » 01 Mar 2019, 20:34

Thanks Gerard :)

Mikesim

Post by Mikesim » 15 Mar 2019, 09:23

Why not looking/asking for a used one?

There are always people thinking to upgrade their equipment, If TQs with further features are introduced?

In my case I changed from the CFY V3 to the new V4, offered my V3 and sold it to the UK, after CFY (Torsten) supplied the propper packing material and offered his assistance.

He also helped to configure the TQ in the UK via Teamviewer and supplied some spare parts free of charge.

Thus minimizes the risk of buying used equipment!?
Cheers
Mike

Return to “Cockpit building questions”