Creating separate spot view in P3Dv4 Viewgroups

sunmartial

Creating separate spot view in P3Dv4 Viewgroups

Post by sunmartial » 13 Apr 2019, 15:33

Hi Guys

I hope someone can give me some pointers on the following.

I have been successfully using Viewgroups in P3D v4.4 for my 3 projector, 220 FOV setup. I have virtual cockpit enabled for these views. What I am now trying to do is to add a separate fourth view to feed to a TV screen outside the cockpit showing the spot view of the plane.

I have been able to set up this fourth view using View Frustrum in Viewgroups. The only problem is that the Prosim airplane doesn't show up as the view is in Virtual Cockpit mode. If I right click on this view and change it to Spot view, it changes all views to Spot. How do I keep my 3 main views in VC, but have the 4th one in spot view, through View Group Management?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.....
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.1, Lastest Prosim v2.xx (using MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, WideFS, 1 flying PC running 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v3 Gold.

Midnight

Re: Creating separate spot view in P3Dv4 Viewgroups

Post by Midnight » 13 Apr 2019, 18:34

Hi,

I also run P3dv4 with 3 projectors 220 FOV View but i am using the old FXML file type way, with this set up i cannot sinc all screens to change together what happens is only the screen that the mouse is over changes, not sure why this is maby not got Flyelise set up correctly. So what i did was to load my old copy of FSX on to another pc and connected to the P3D PC with Wideview
works great and take the load off my P3D pc see my setup here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMXBSSEld2c

Regards
Graham

onthefence

Post by onthefence » 14 Apr 2019, 18:04

Holy smokes Graham! What a fantastic setup.!! Beautiful !! You've done a fantastic job. :)
Best Regards,
Ed
P3D45,PS2.17b1,MSFS,PS7382019,FSUIPC5.51,WFS,AS4,ASCA,ProAtc/X,UT2,vPilot,PFPX,TOPCAT,PSU1.7,Accu-Feel,RAAS Pro,GSXL2,W10 i7@ 4.8, W7,W10,FDS CDU,CPFl EFIS Pro2/MCP EL,Nav,Com,Trans,Sismo Aft OH,OEM Pedestal,HM NMThrottle,HM Yoke

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 16 Apr 2019, 19:08

HI Graham
Fantastic setup indeed.
Ok, great. That's what I was thinking of as well. Will need to get a separate PC to run that. :-)
Thanks
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.1, Lastest Prosim v2.xx (using MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, WideFS, 1 flying PC running 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v3 Gold.

Return to “Cockpit building questions”