Seat height

mickc

Re: Seat height

Post by mickc » 08 Mar 2015, 10:10

Dragging this thread back up again, I have finally unpacked my boxes of seat parts and have started getting them ready for re-finishing.

Does anyone still require the measurements of the parts as I was going to do ? (JWS, I think you were wanting these measurements.)

JWS

Post by JWS » 08 Mar 2015, 12:28

To tell you the truth, I recently bumped into a 737-300 IPECO seat for a reasonable price (including J-rails). Only problem is that it lacks the cushions. So after some consideration, I took the plunge and bought it. Hope to find a pair of cushions somewhere or otherwise have to have an upholsterer make new ones. Then getting the original fabric will be another challenge. I already found a manufacturer but they only sell in rolls of 45 yds. :shock:

Anyway, thanks for remembering me.

JWS

fsaviator

Post by fsaviator » 08 Mar 2015, 13:06

JWS wrote:To tell you the truth, I recently bumped into a 737-300 IPECO seat for a reasonable price (including J-rails). Only problem is that it lacks the cushions. So after some consideration, I took the plunge and bought it. Hope to find a pair of cushions somewhere or otherwise have to have an upholsterer make new ones. Then getting the original fabric will be another challenge. I already found a manufacturer but they only sell in rolls of 45 yds. :shock:

JWS
If you decide to pull the trigger on the fabric, let me know. I want to refinish my seats so I would be up for splitting costs.
Warren "MTN385"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com
P3D4/ Prosim737 2/ RevSim Proline TQ/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737 in FDS MIP/ CPFlight MCPPRO3 and EFIS, Overheads and Pedestal

andthiel

Post by andthiel » 08 Mar 2015, 13:18

JWS wrote:To tell you the truth, I recently bumped into a 737-300 IPECO seat for a reasonable price (including J-rails). Only problem is that it lacks the cushions. So after some consideration, I took the plunge and bought it. Hope to find a pair of cushions somewhere or otherwise have to have an upholsterer make new ones. Then getting the original fabric will be another challenge. I already found a manufacturer but they only sell in rolls of 45 yds. :shock:

JWS
Me too, Jan Willem, I would go for 9 yards (and we will need only two more...).

;)
Beechboy Andreas

mickc

Post by mickc » 08 Mar 2015, 22:16

I can help you there, I got new fabric from an OEM supplier, and you can buy it from them by the lineal yard (minimum of 4 Yards per order).

The Boeing supplier part number is 2041P/74. If you Google this number you will find a few suppliers

I got mine from OmnAvia interiors http://www.omnaviainteriors.com/ They don't list it on the website anymore since they updated it, but if you use the request form they can help you out.

Mine was around $40 per lineal yard (1 yard = 91cm = 36" ) rolls are approx. 1.5m / 5 feet wide.

Attached is a picture of the new material on the roll against the old material on the existing covers.
Note that the pattern is not straight as it is folded down on the roll.
(and the old covers are filthy!)

OmnAvia also sell the sheepskins, but they are sourced from Australia anyway, so I got mine locally.
After trawling the sheepskin suppliers and looking at $150+ per skin, I found the perfect item in IKEA of all places!
They do a grey sheepskin with the just the right color and texture, and each skin is big enough to do one cover, so you need 4 all together for 2 seats.

Ikea item number in Australia is 101.664.67 but this doesnt work on other Ikea sites.
If you search your local Ikea site for Sheepskin, the one i used is called "Ludde Skeepskin - Grey"
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/10166467/
Last edited by mickc on 26 Mar 2015, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

JWS

Post by JWS » 08 Mar 2015, 22:35

OK, this is becoming interesting. How much would I need for 1 seat?

JWS

mickc

Post by mickc » 08 Mar 2015, 22:52

JWS wrote:OK, this is becoming interesting. How much would I need for 1 seat?

JWS
Theres not a lot of material in the covers, as its only used on the sides, but its also used on the seat back board and the life vest pouch.

I'd say 1 yard would enough for one seat, but I could only order a minimum of 4 yards, so I have enough for 2 seats, an I will have my instructor station seat re-covered in the the same material.

andthiel

Post by andthiel » 09 Mar 2015, 07:06

For 2 seats, one jump seat, my instructor station seat and some reserve I would like to order 6 yds. in total.

Cheers,

Andreas
Beechboy Andreas

fsaviator

Post by fsaviator » 09 Mar 2015, 07:11

Great info. Thanks
Warren "MTN385"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com
P3D4/ Prosim737 2/ RevSim Proline TQ/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737 in FDS MIP/ CPFlight MCPPRO3 and EFIS, Overheads and Pedestal

JWS

Post by JWS » 09 Mar 2015, 08:56

OK, before somebody starts buying things. An airline mechanic has offered me to look for original cushions. He is on leave now but I expect him to be back in a couple of weeks. If his search doesn't pay off, then I will have to go for the other option and have new cushions specially made. Then it would be nice if we can put some orders together for fabric. I understand that Warren might be able to give us a hand with this. So, please hold your horses for the moment. I do appreciate this forum and all the help, what a great community. 8-)

Cheers,

JWS

Return to “Cockpit building questions”