Engines don't start (again !!!!!)

maurizio.c

Re: Engines don't start (again !!!!!)

Post by maurizio.c » 20 Jan 2019, 19:53

last flight yesterday was a nightmare : soon after takeoff MCP stopped to work. CMD A and B were inactive, AT went crazy, and so Altitude (both Lvlchg and vert speed)...
It looks like a fault connection between prosim and P3D. But, Prosim.exe , MCP and P3D are running on the same Pc, while Cpt,Fo displays, Upper and Lower eicas, CDU are running on a second PC via Wideclient.
I tried to install all simconnect in Redist folder, but frankly don't know if they are really needed (never done before...)
It's incredible that all this comes after a electrical black-out !
I'm thinking to a complete re-install all the whole systems ! It means years of adjustements and hard work litterally thrown in garbage. :evil:
Maurizio

jamang1999

Post by jamang1999 » 05 Feb 2019, 09:13

I also had this problem recently (or a very similar one). Engines would stay off, even with the engine start keyboard shortcut, selecting "ready" in the Prosim instructor interface, changing aircraft, etc.

Based on a post by Winghigh (linked below), I deleted the scenarios/default flights file at Username/Documents/Prepar3D v4 Files, and it started working again.

I don't know why but it fixed it.

https://prosim-ar.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=10

maurizio.c

Post by maurizio.c » 06 Feb 2019, 16:04

This issue is getting a big problem indeed, looking at how many users randomly are affecting by it...
What's weird is that seems that not only a single solution is advisable, but any case is different from others.
In my case, I solved it switching to "ready" state from "cold and dark". But I know this can not be useful for all. :shock:
Maurizio

Hans Hartvelt

Post by Hans Hartvelt » 06 Feb 2019, 18:54

So am I.

Many users are effected, but not all. So maybe the clue lies in the configuration. Maybe we must start a survey and ask for the configuration of the simmers. Maybe we can see then which configuration causes the most trouble.

Here's mine:
Hardware:
CH Products yoke (for starting the engines I must use the mixture lever of this yoke, I don't understand why)
RevSim throttle quadrant
Sismo FWD OVH panel
No hardware AFT OVH panel
MCP / EFIS / Radio's: CPFlight
CDU: Engravity

Software:
Windows 10
P3D 4.4
Prosim 2.13
Prosim flightmodel 1.24
FSUIPC5
For the RevSim throttle: R-Sim throttle for Project Magenta (there has never been a Prosim version) and SIOC which uses throttlePROSIM_V17.ssi script.
Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands

maurizio.c

Post by maurizio.c » 06 Feb 2019, 22:28

I agree , that's my setup :

CPFlight : complete MIP, Overhead (fwd and aft) , complete pedestal.
FlyEngravity : CDU
RSP: TQ Pro (same software as yours)
ACE : Yoke (Bodnar card)
Opencockpits : steering tiller

Win10
P3D v4.4
Prosim 2.14 v23
prosim flight model Pro
Fsuipc 5.15
Maurizio

captdave

Post by captdave » 12 Feb 2019, 00:22

Hello,

it is the first time, since i started to use ProSim, that my Engine don't start anymore.

I have Rev Sim TQ Version 1.6 or 1.7, i'm not sure.

The "Fuel Cut Off Levers" are only working via FSUIPC. Rev Sim uses its own Software which talk via FSUIPC.

All ProSim Versions including 2.03 did supported that, but today i updated to 2.14 and now ProSim do not recognize the "Fuel Cut off Lever" state via Fsuipc anymore!!

One interesting thing i found out:
I can only start my engines when i use the SOFTWARE "Fuel Cut Of Levers" AND i musst also set my HARDWARE "Fuel Cut Of Levers" to IDLE.
If i leave my HARDWARE "Fuel Cut Of Levers" at "Cut Off Detent" there will be an "ENGINE FAILURE" shown in EICAS, and the Engine are not spooling up!

In 2.03 it worked without any issues with "Cold and Dark" state
MFSF Mode
WIN 7
Rev Sim 1.6 or 1.7
FSUIPC 5.15
prosim flight model Pro
P3D v4.4

Hans Hartvelt

Post by Hans Hartvelt » 14 Feb 2019, 12:28

Hello CaptDave,

Strange that your fuel cut off levers only work via FSUIPC. In my opinion the RevSim TQ communicates with Prosim via a SIOC script (throttlePROSIM_V17.ssi). For your convenience I have a zipped version attached to this post. You have to configurate sioc.ini, but that is described in the RevSim setup manual that still can be downloaded from the RevSim website.

Because my levers also don't work properly anymore (that's the reason of all these posts) I tried to find a FSUIPC setting but I haven't found it. Maybe you can tell me how you did this.

Your experience looks like mine. I can only start the engines (engines switches at my Sismo OVH panel and fuel cut off levers at my RevSim TQ) in combination with my mixture levers at my CHProduct yoke.

At this moment I am in contact with Humberto from Prosim-AR and Pete Dowson (FSUIPC). If this give any result I will post it in this forum thread.
Attachments
throttlePROSIM_V17.zip
(8.15 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands

Return to “P3D”