Jetstream and Prepar3d

Lapi

Re: Jetstream and Prepar3d

Post by Lapi » 17 Nov 2012, 17:26

westman wrote:I run P3D to 99% , have no performance issues at all.
Hi Thomas,

Everyone using highly dense airport sceneries have performance issues, that's not the question.
A top-notch PC with FSX gives you 100% frames at the xxxx airport and P3D 25-30% of it at the same place.
This is a known issue, when I used to be a beta tester for P3D it was on the table from day one. The developers say it is to do with DX and backward compatibility with the FS2002 SDK, but most of the scenery designers have a serious doubt about it.
Nevertheless when the 64 bit version (2.0) hits, it will be a good move no doubt about it.

regards
Lapi

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 17 Nov 2012, 17:35

miguel wrote:better to migrate now than continuing buying FSX add-ins and then migrate them anyway in the near future.
Miguel,

It also depends on which addons one uses.
Those who love and like Ultimate Traffic 2 are out of luck, those who use the tiny but extremely useful Follow Me, Active Sky 2012 is just becoming compatible, ContrailsPro doesn't work, walk and follow neither, EditVoicepack... and other utilities, and the list is long.

regards
Lapi

westman

Post by westman » 17 Nov 2012, 17:57

Lapi wrote:
westman wrote:I run P3D to 99% , have no performance issues at all.
Hi Thomas,

Everyone using highly dense airport sceneries have performance issues, that's not the question.
A top-notch PC with FSX gives you 100% frames at the xxxx airport and P3D 25-30% of it at the same place.
This is a known issue, when I used to be a beta tester for P3D it was on the table from day one. The developers say it is to do with DX and backward compatibility with the FS2002 SDK, but most of the scenery designers have a serious doubt about it.
Nevertheless when the 64 bit version (2.0) hits, it will be a good move no doubt about it.

regards
Lapi
Thats true Lapi
I run both p3d and fsx on different disks.
If we talk Top notch pc , mine is 25 -30%,faster than à normal top notch Pc running Haswell performance today

Hasse

filippoporcari

Post by filippoporcari » 17 Nov 2012, 18:41

active sky 2012 was already usable just running fsx to p3d migration tool i started using p3d with it 2 months ago.
i have p3d almost maxed out on display sliders BUT scenery density and autogen to NORMAL.
i use no traffic but ivao traffic.
anyway these SAME settings with the same machine on fsx gave worse performance than p3d.
anyway there are no 2 pcs that are the same when talking about flight sims...even if u use the exact same hardware they may performance different...even if this may seem no sense in a scientific way...this is what i learnt during these years.
regards
fil

" ...listen to all your pilot friends...but trust ONLY your FCOM! "

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 17 Nov 2012, 20:02

filippoporcari wrote:active sky 2012 was already usable just running fsx to p3d migration tool i started using p3d with it 2 months ago.
i have p3d almost maxed out on display sliders BUT scenery density and autogen to NORMAL.
i use no traffic but ivao traffic.
Hi,

AS2012 was usable, just as you say, but simconnect is not the same as FSX's, therefore there were certain anomalies before SP2 beta.
If you use 'unlimited' frames it is always a bad move to use autogen at NORMAL, because this is a known FS bug. Autogen maxed with 'unlimited' gives a better performance than NORMAL.
Scenery density used at normal takes out half of most detailed sceneries, acceptable for IFR but you miss a lot. Detailed stuff is either placed at 'dense' and above in sceneries that count.
Ivao traffic is one plane per airport - the best case - so of course that will never ever cause problems...

regards
Lapi

filippoporcari

Post by filippoporcari » 17 Nov 2012, 20:08

lapi,
i use frame limited @ 30 inside p3d and vsync 1/2 refresh rate from inspector.
those details are ok for me...but if u read all my previous post i used to run this SAME settings in fsx with worse results(i made lot of test in fsx and was running unlimited frames)....anyway i don't wanna open a discussion on what is better.
i'm just telling p3d works ok for me....LOT better than fsx.
maybe i'm just lucky :-)
regards
fil

" ...listen to all your pilot friends...but trust ONLY your FCOM! "

Return to “Jetstream - various”