PFPX - Error in Route

Bazbeaumont

Re: PFPX - Error in Route

Post by Bazbeaumont » 06 Mar 2018, 11:58

Hi Matt,
So, I think the mystery is solved. Thanks for educating me!
No worries. I'm assuming that since the scenery databases in all the sim's are soooo fricking old that they haven't picked up on the new airports like VTBS, which was opened in 2006 I believe.

Maybe a swift word in LM's or Dovetail's ear might help but I wouldn't bank on anything.
Ron B

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 06 Mar 2018, 12:29

Hi Ron,

I had the same issue with an airport in QLD Australia,(Can't remember which :lol: ) and I used the Herve Sors Airport Inspector and Editor to change the code to the correct code. This worked perfectly. The Airport was an ORBX Airport that even though the code changed in 2006, they used the old code.

Edit: I think it was Cairns
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont » 06 Mar 2018, 12:37

Bernie wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 12:29
Hi Ron,

I had the same issue with an airport in QLD Australia,(Can't remember which :lol: ) and I used the Herve Sors Airport Inspector and Editor to change the code to the correct code. This worked perfectly. The Airport was an ORBX Airport that even though the code changed in 2006, they used the old code.

Edit: I think it was Cairns
Hi Bernie,

How's life down-under?

Don't think that will help in this case as VTBS is a whole new airport located some distance from the old one (VTBD - which is still operational) and the scenery doesn't exist for it in the simulator.

I know of an add-on for FSX but whether it would work in P3D v3 or v4, who knows. I don't intend to buy it just to try :D
Ron B

Bernie

Post by Bernie » 06 Mar 2018, 12:51

Hi Ron,

Life down here at the moment is great, just leaving the real hot weather behind and heading to more appropriate temperatures, but I should not go on about it too much as I have been watching the news regarding your weather, not good and hope it is only a once off. :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie

TorbenJA

Post by TorbenJA » 06 Mar 2018, 16:43

Looking at the route it seems allright to me. PFPX can't validate it, as the validation is done in IFPS (Eurocontrol), which only covers Europe. Trying to validate it returns the error (R)Route152: Flight not applicable to IFPS.
I'm not aware of a tool like IFPS for other continents, though the US have published a preffered routes document covering USA, which can be used to valid routes.
I'm usually not flying outside Europe and North America. But one way of validating routes could be looking at the AIP for the appropiate country.

The Thai AIP can be found at https://ais.caat.or.th/
The Malaysia AIP at http://aip.dca.gov.my/aip/eAIP/history-en-MS.html and Singapore at https://fpl-1.caasaim.gov.sg/eaip.html

I've looked them thru, but haven't found anything indicating that your route should be invalid.
So I think that my colleges are right, when they point to the FSX/P3D database.
I'll try loading it into my system, if I can find time to test it.

Torben

TorbenJA

Post by TorbenJA » 06 Mar 2018, 17:10

When I try to insert DEST (VTBS) I get "NOT IN DATABASE", so the problem is probably missing VTBS in the database. So no wonder you get an error.

Torben

Bazbeaumont

Post by Bazbeaumont » 06 Mar 2018, 17:19

TorbenJA wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 17:10
When I try to insert DEST (VTBS) I get "NOT IN DATABASE", so the problem is probably missing VTBS in the database. So no wonder you get an error.

Torben
Torben,

That is exactly what I said in my post above.

The airport does not exist in any of the simulators.
Are you using VTBS as an add-on because it doesn't exist in either FSX-SE, P3Dv3 or P3Dv4 as a stock airport. The old Bangkok airport, VTBD, does exist.
Since your Prosim airports database is derived from your simulator if it doesn't exist then Prosim ain't gonna find it. That's why you would get an invalid route message.
Ron B

Return to “Various”