v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND [SOLVED]

Post Reply
Mischung
Posts: 107
Joined: 12 Oct 2015, 07:32

v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND [SOLVED]

Post by Mischung » 11 Mar 2019, 08:13

Hi!

I was using the latest beta (10th March) 2.16b9 and tuned in several VORs during my flight.

I could hear and identify all of them via NAV1/2 morse code, but no info on my Navigation Display (No VOR ID - No DME info - No CRS display).

ILS approach was without problems and could also be identified on the PFD, but no VOR info on the ND.

Marc
Last edited by Mischung on 16 Mar 2019, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Saldo
Posts: 710
Joined: 11 Dec 2014, 07:17
Location: Gorinchem, The Netherlands

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND

Post by Saldo » 14 Mar 2019, 10:34

Perhaps it was a one time thing but yesterday with 2.17b11 I did not hear the markers near Schiphol...
Regards,

Gerard

User avatar
wpslider
Posts: 4611
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 18:38
Location: Faro - PT
Contact:

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND

Post by wpslider » 14 Mar 2019, 13:24

Mischung wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 08:13
Hi!

I was using the latest beta (10th March) 2.16b9 and tuned in several VORs during my flight.

I could hear and identify all of them via NAV1/2 morse code, but no info on my Navigation Display (No VOR ID - No DME info - No CRS display).

ILS approach was without problems and could also be identified on the PFD, but no VOR info on the ND.

Marc
Did you select VOR switches on your EFIS?

If an ILS is tuned, there is no VOR info on ND.
Humberto Miguel
Image

User avatar
wpslider
Posts: 4611
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 18:38
Location: Faro - PT
Contact:

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND

Post by wpslider » 14 Mar 2019, 13:24

Saldo wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 10:34
Perhaps it was a one time thing but yesterday with 2.17b11 I did not hear the markers near Schiphol...
Did you check if ASP had MKR enabled and volume was set?
Humberto Miguel
Image

Mischung
Posts: 107
Joined: 12 Oct 2015, 07:32

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND

Post by Mischung » 14 Mar 2019, 14:01

Hi Humberto,

yes switches were both set to VOR. I tried four different VORs en route and could clearly hear the morse code using NAV1 and also NAV2 radio, but no info was displayed on ND (DME 0.0).

The ILS was tuned in shortly before landing, not before ;)

Will do another test this evening to give a specific example and add a screenshot. The VORs should also be shown on the CDU and on standby instruments, will check that too.

Marc

Saldo
Posts: 710
Joined: 11 Dec 2014, 07:17
Location: Gorinchem, The Netherlands

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND

Post by Saldo » 14 Mar 2019, 14:26

wpslider wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 13:24
Saldo wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 10:34
Perhaps it was a one time thing but yesterday with 2.17b11 I did not hear the markers near Schiphol...
Did you check if ASP had MKR enabled and volume was set?
Yes, the MKR was enabled : light on.
Regards,

Gerard

Mischung
Posts: 107
Joined: 12 Oct 2015, 07:32

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND

Post by Mischung » 14 Mar 2019, 19:48

Hi,

just tried again at EDDF with the latest Beta 2.16B12.

Tried both VORs: 114.2 (FFM) and 113.75 (VFM) - correctly identified via morse code, but nothing displayed:
MAP_EDDF.PNG
ND_EDDF.PNG
I also tried the NDBs 297.0 (FR) and 382.0 (FW) but they are not displayed (ADF1/ADF2 morse code was clearly identified).

Also nothing displayed on the STBY-instrument.
STBY.PNG
STBY.PNG (56.05 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Marc

Mischung
Posts: 107
Joined: 12 Oct 2015, 07:32

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND

Post by Mischung » 15 Mar 2019, 23:08

Hi Humberto,

I found the problem :)

All my stock files have been updated with Herve Sors files and I also have installed FSAerodata on top (cycle 1903R1) before I had the problem.

Now double-checked my scenery.cfg and recognized, that one entry was missing (FSAerodata-navaids). No idea why :oops:

Added the Navaids-folder and rebuilt the DB and all missing VORs/NDBs and also ILS' are there.

Sorry for that. Did not check the markers Gerard mentioned yet, but will try that tomorrow.

Marc

Mischung
Posts: 107
Joined: 12 Oct 2015, 07:32

Re: v2.16b9 - VOR morse code can be heard, but not shown on ND [SOLVED]

Post by Mischung » 17 Mar 2019, 14:16

Hi Gerard,

just checked the marker sounds and I have no problem here.

It was the MM departing from 07R - HAAB.

Marc

Post Reply

Return to “ProSim737 - Pre-releases”