Fuel burn and BIAS PFPX

Driver170

Re: Fuel burn and BIAS PFPX

Post by Driver170 » 19 Jul 2016, 22:26

Hi Lapi thanks. But i don't quite follow is it only taking the reading as it goes along but not actuall full route to the destination?
Flyengravity MIP Cpflight ICS V2 + MCP PRO2 + Cpflight EFIS PRO + Cpflight Pedestal

Flybycockpit yoke, Rudder pedals, Floor structure and shell.

CFY TQ Gold +

amorealex

Post by amorealex » 07 Feb 2018, 11:21

Lapi wrote:
19 Jul 2016, 22:23
Driver170 wrote:The FMS always predicts using reserve fuel and insufficient fuel.
But why is PS always predicting too low fuel?
Because it makes the warning according to your present fuel consumption - which is by the way not as it should be.
I think I made a Jira ticket about that three years ago or so, thus it is definitely on the list.

regards
Lapi
Any chance to fix this?

lonelyoutpost

Post by lonelyoutpost » 13 Jul 2019, 09:39

This issue seems to have been going on for years. Is there any chance of a fix soon?

For me, I usually take off with the fuel PFPX calculates plus an extra couple of hundred kilos and I almost always land a few hundred kilos over my reserve. Perfect. After take off the FMC seems to indicate that the fuel is fine, but as soon as I enter my expected arrival procedure into the FMC I suddenly start getting the 'Using RSV fuel' message every few minutes until just before the end of the flight when the FMC catches up with the actual fuel. So I think PFPX and ProSim are working properly but the FMC is making erroneous predictions during the flight.
Matt

Driver170

Post by Driver170 » 13 Jul 2019, 11:53

lonelyoutpost wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 09:39
This issue seems to have been going on for years. Is there any chance of a fix soon?

For me, I usually take off with the fuel PFPX calculates plus an extra couple of hundred kilos and I almost always land a few hundred kilos over my reserve. Perfect. After take off the FMC seems to indicate that the fuel is fine, but as soon as I enter my expected arrival procedure into the FMC I suddenly start getting the 'Using RSV fuel' message every few minutes until just before the end of the flight when the FMC catches up with the actual fuel. So I think PFPX and ProSim are working properly but the FMC is making erroneous predictions during the flight.
+1
Flyengravity MIP Cpflight ICS V2 + MCP PRO2 + Cpflight EFIS PRO + Cpflight Pedestal

Flybycockpit yoke, Rudder pedals, Floor structure and shell.

CFY TQ Gold +

egkkman

Post by egkkman » 28 Dec 2019, 15:35

Hi,

Is this issue planned to be improved with the forthcoming update to FMC?

Thanks

Dave

amorealex

Post by amorealex » 29 Dec 2019, 13:22

Good question!

Return to “ProSim737 Flight Model 2.0”