Where is - Landing Lights Prosim.PSD ??

saabpilot

Where is - Landing Lights Prosim.PSD ??

Post by saabpilot » 21 Jan 2015, 19:41

Where is - Landing Lights Prosim.PSD mentioned in the manual ??
A search of the forum with "Landinglights" comes up with "nada" :)

Bjorn
I7 7700K@4.5, Nvidia 1070, 4x Esprimo I5 mini PC, Optoma HD proj, P3D v4.3, ORBX, RAAS Pro, ProATC-X, Buttkicker, CPF Pro MCP/EFIS, RSP motor TQ, OC v3 CDU, FDS Elite CDU
website = http://www.boeing737sim.se

larrylynx

Re: Where is - Landing Lights Prosim.PSD ??

Post by larrylynx » 21 Jan 2015, 20:13

Hi

OK I'll try to nail this on the head.

That file was initially used, err some months ago, to control the landing and taxi light ground splash. Since the manual was written, err some months ago, I have refined the lighting, that file is only used for taxi light and to be honest, adjusting it is pretty pointless. Adding a yellow or blue tint does nor achieve what you would expect in FSX, it simply adds light and makes things start to look washed out

I have adjusted both position and light intensity in an attempt to get the best lighting we can without washing out the scenery, hopefully they are acceptable to most users given the vast range of visual setups I had to work for

If you want the file, which should have been included in the texture.common folder I can send it to anyone who wants it

Steve

Edit, what you doing reading the manual, no one ever reads the manual :D :D

saabpilot

Post by saabpilot » 21 Jan 2015, 20:21

That explains why I could not find it :lol:

However the reason for the request is that in my setup (P3D2 + a beamer) the landing lights+taxilights in VC view are way too bright and washes out the ground polys too much.

I thought I maybe could try to tune them better for specifically P3D and projector use.
Light splashes differs much between FSX and P3D2. That I have learned the hard way programming airports for both sims.

In 2D mode they are how LM (or maybe MS) wanted them, lousy and too weak instead.

Best,
Bjorn
I7 7700K@4.5, Nvidia 1070, 4x Esprimo I5 mini PC, Optoma HD proj, P3D v4.3, ORBX, RAAS Pro, ProATC-X, Buttkicker, CPF Pro MCP/EFIS, RSP motor TQ, OC v3 CDU, FDS Elite CDU
website = http://www.boeing737sim.se

Lapi

Post by Lapi » 21 Jan 2015, 21:33

saabpilot wrote:That explains why I could not find it
Bjorn,

Just checked, the file is there in the texture\common folder in the installation.
Of course only Steve knows if it's still useful, I also thought it was...

regards
Lapi

larrylynx

Post by larrylynx » 22 Jan 2015, 11:13

The best way to turn down the lights is for me to do it in the model, a setting called Final Alpha Blend, this is how I managed to do several intensities for the js_800

Problem we are going to have is the same as the js-800, with multiple files all over the forum with lots of comments between posts and no one able to find which is the current one etc etc, plus it would mean an end to the automatic installer and numerous requests for help with installing the interior model. The idea of including in the main package was exactly for that reason.

When I have sorted out my modelling file, (which is doing some really strange things with out of memory errors by loading every bitmap back to early js_800 days even though they are no longer included) I will speak to Lapi about uploading a series of different intensities for users to help themselves.

My trusted tester, Dave(egkkman), thanks by the way Dave, also has a 3 beamer setup and he thought they were just right, so as you can see its a very fine line between too bright and ok

I have included the Landing lights PSD files to see if you can alter the brightness by dimming them down in the mean time, LL splash is landing lights other one is for taxi light and all light cones

Hope to get P3D developers licence sorted out so I can help out with P3D issues, didn't realise the lighting was so much different

Steve
Attachments
Prosim738_landing_Lights_PSD.rar
(580.17 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 » 22 Jan 2015, 11:45

I think it would be possible to have the intensities implemented in the installer!

There are many programs with different options in the installer that can see what is installed an in the installer you can remove or add things!

egkkman

Post by egkkman » 22 Jan 2015, 12:07

Hi everyone,

Since I have been mentioned in despatches I thought I would comment.

First of all a big thanks to Steve, he has put a lot of effort into the lights and I think it has made all the difference (for the better ;) ).

As Steve said my setup is three projectors. The light splash has a blue tinge and is placed in front of the aircraft relevant to the light type. So, the landing lights are two not too well defined oval shapes ahead of the cockpit and the runway turnoff are at around 45 degrees from the cockpit ahead of the wing tip. The taxi light spreads a light ahead of and from beneath the cockpit.

The taxi light moves according to the direction the nose wheel is pointing.

The landing and turnoff lights extinguish just after take off and illuminate just before landing.

These are the best lights I have seen on an aircraft in FSX/P3D.

Any adjustment of zoom or brightness has an effect on the lights in terms of brightness, shape of the splash and distance they appear to be from the cockpit. I imagine whether or not HDR is switched on could also have an effect. So, I think it is going to be very difficult for Steve to produce a set that will suit all setups, in fact impossible.

There are programmes available that will allow users to make their own adjustments to the lighting files or perhaps Steve could produce 5 or so standard sets with varying degrees of blue or white and optimised for 180 FOV or single monitor etc. for users to chose from. If these don't suit then.............. Unless Steve wants a full time voluntary job doing this.

Just my thoughts...........

Regards

Dave

larrylynx

Post by larrylynx » 22 Jan 2015, 13:10

Thanks for that Dave, all that extra work, that,s you off my christmas card list :D :D

Actually I think I have beaten you too it as I have already produced a set of different intensities which i hope to post when they have been tested, so please be patient everyone

Steve

Flypit

Post by Flypit » 09 Jul 2019, 10:06

Hello,

I have now downloaded the PSD files. Can someone tell me where to install them in the ProSim so that the headlights are lit when they are turned on overhead? Hoping for help ...
many Greetings
Flypit (beginner)

Return to “ProSim737 Flight Model 2.0”