Intercom Configuration

A how-to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task (Wikipedia)
wpslider

Intercom Configuration

Post by wpslider » 23 Apr 2018, 21:29

Hello, as of ProSim737 2.04b7, a new intercom system is introduced. It is a low latency, low bandwidth client-server system. It uses using ProSim737 System as server and ProSimAudio instances as clients.

To configure it is quite simple.

On ProSim737System, you don't need to do anything.

For each ASP, you will need a ProSimAudio instance running. It can be combined with any already existing instance.
Two simple steps are required:
  • Select Intercom channel
You need to select which position each instance will handle. Capt, FO or OBS. NAV audio is also required to be selected on the same channel.
  • Select audio devices for input and output elements
There are 3 inputs:
And 2 outputs:

And that's it. You can now use your ASP to control the intercom :)
Note that some ASPs on the market have limited functionality, so if your hardware does not have a functional SPKR knob, the SPKR output will not work.

This should give a quick glimpse on how to configure the intercom.

Regards
Humberto Miguel

nbworld

Re: Intercom Configuration

Post by nbworld » 25 Apr 2018, 11:28

Hi Humberto,

I've some questions to you:

I have a c-media usb to capture/playback to the Headsets.

When setting the Captain Nav & Fo Nav i can ear on both... i assume it's ok.
But i cannot talk using PTT CPT yoke botton true Headset Mic (it ok on VATSim) and hear on FO side, headset ... i'm doing something wrong ?
Best Regards,
Nuno Batalha (LPPT)
Portugal
http://www.b737sim.pt
http://www.a320sim.pt
Prosim Commercial Licences

Jollylaus

Post by Jollylaus » 01 May 2018, 09:24

Hello Humbert,
question from my side as well: Do you intend to support ASP Volume regulation per channel somewhere in the near future ?
I ask since I'm about to order new hardware.

Thanks and regards,
Johannes

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 01 May 2018, 09:24

Volume should be supported already.
Humberto Miguel

pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken » 02 May 2018, 20:00

Hello Humberto,

Does this with Simworld ASP?
Regards, Koosch.

wpslider

Post by wpslider » 02 May 2018, 20:02

pelsrijcken wrote:
02 May 2018, 20:00
Hello Humberto,

Does this with Simworld ASP?
It is supposed to.
Humberto Miguel

pelsrijcken

Post by pelsrijcken » 02 May 2018, 20:17

OK, thanks, I'll try it one of these days and report back.
Regards, Koosch.

sunmartial

Post by sunmartial » 05 May 2018, 19:00

Hi Humbeto

I tried setting up the intercom system today, without success.

I followed your instructions at the beginning of this thread, and have set up seperate instances of Prosim Audio for the captain, first officer, and observer stations. However, I cannot get it to work.

If I click Intercom test button, I can hear my own voice back on each headset. I assume that is how the test is meant to work. If so, this confirms that the hardware is properly configured.

I think the issue is probably that the PTT buttons are not being recognised. I have an OpenCockpits pedestal. I looked in Prosim combined config, but couldn't find the items that relate to the I/C buttons on the ASPs. Could you please tell me which item it is? Then I can check if the correct IOCP variable is selected.

I found the Yoke PTT buttons in Prosim config and assigned the yoke buttons properly, but unfortunately that didn't work either.

Captain and F/O headsets are on the same PC as P3D and Prosim server. The OBS headsets are on another PC. I have my firewall switched off for my private network on all PC's.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
Sunny
Cyprus

P3D v4.4, Lastest Prosim v2.xx (using MSFS connect), FSUIPC v5.13, WideFS, 1 flying PC (i9-9900K, 32Gb RAM) running 3 projectors, 2 avionics PCs, Windows 10, Open Cockpits modules except MCP and EFIS (from CpFlight), and CFY Throttle v4 Pro.

TorbenJA

Post by TorbenJA » 06 May 2018, 08:08

Hi Humberto
I, too, am having some problems to get it to work. My setup first:

TJAP3D (the main computer) runs P3D, Prosim Server, MCP, CDU and Audio. I use CPFlight MCP and their ASP unit connected to the MCP. It also runs the vPilot server. A set of speakers is attached to this computer as well.

TJAFSX runs the weather (Active Sky), Topcat, PFPX and ProsimUtils and vPilot client. The headset with mike is also attached to this machine.
TJAMIP runs the MIP and the radioes (OpenCockpit for the NAVs and FDS for the COMs)

What I would like to achieve is to have the ASP manage the output (normally the headset, but occationally the speakers) when pushing the apropiate contacts on the ASP.
Right now, it doesn't work. Should I have an audio module on the TJAFSX as well? And should the audio server reference to the machine running the Prosim server or ...

regards
Torben

Midnight

Post by Midnight » 12 May 2018, 18:42

Hi Humberto, Got the intercom system working today captain and 1St officer (Works Great ) would it be possible to add a PTT button to the instructor station so the Instructor can communicate with the cockpit.
Regards Graham

Return to “ProSim737 - How-tos”