Virtual Instructor Extended Reality (ViXR)A precision tool aimed at pilot training from ProSim-TS and Pace-TXT
Substantial changes are confronting the aviation industry since it was hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. While it appears that the rest of the world has returned back to a state of normality, the aviation industry is slowly recuperating what was lost, and no airline had prepared to lose double the amount of its workforce, especially not the loss of pilot instructors who played a valuable role within the community of aviation.
The future of how to teach student pilots about aircraft operation, flight conditions, instruments in the cockpit, landing, take-off, and how to check all systems aboard the plane, are in the prototype of a wearable Augmented Reality (AR) device currently being developed by creators from ProSim-TS and Pace-TXT.
The augmented reality Head Wearable Display (HWD) includes the real-time use of information in the form of text, graphics, audio and other virtual enhancements integrated with real-world objects.
An effective training product soon to be released by ProSim-TS for the future of pilot training. Some of the benefits and features:
- a unique digital product experience
- ability to save and track progress
- debrief capability
- LMS integration to plan, implement and assess a specific training program
- reduced overall training time
- based on A320 normal procedures
- responsive to aircraft systems in real-time
- provide visual hints, flow indications, and voice instructions, selectable by the user
- simple user interface for procedure selection
- can be used as an add on to the ProSim professional software suites